Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Common problems for Connectivity Issues
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about Printer Wi-Fi, Connectivity Issues and Offline Status. Check out this link: HP printer is offline or unavailable.
HP Recommended
macOS 10.15 Catalina

I am receiving a message on my Mac laptop that says HP device monitoring.framework will damage your computer and now my printer does not work

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

It really looks like those who are experiencing this issue are running older software signed with a certificate that expired today.

Please update your software using HP Easy Start as mentioned above. 

1. Download HP Easy Start

2. Follow the prompts for setting up your printer.  When you get to the software download it will show whether the software needs updated or not.  If it does the box next to Printer Essentials will be checked by default and you just need to select the Install button.

The following should not be necessary but if you want to be extra diligent and guarantee a clean new install.

2. Open HP Easy Start and Select the HP Easy Start Menu in the macOS menu bar.  In this menu select Uninstall HP Software.

Screen Shot 2020-10-23 at 2.04.26 PM.png

3.Select Continue to start the Uninstall process

Screen Shot 2020-10-23 at 2.04.40 PM.png

4. Once the uninstall completes.  Select Set Up New Device.

5. Go through the new device setup process by following the prompts.

6. This will lead to the software download/install prompt.

Screen Shot 2020-10-23 at 2.07.41 PM.png

7. Select install and the remaining prompts to finish the process.

Edit:  Systems administrators and those unable to use HP Easy Start can use HP Easy Admin to download the software pkg files directly.

While I may work for HP Inc, the views and opinions expressed here are my own.

View solution in original post

51 REPLIES 51
HP Recommended

It really looks like those who are experiencing this issue are running older software signed with a certificate that expired today.

Please update your software using HP Easy Start as mentioned above. 

2. Follow the prompts for setting up your printer.  When you get to the software download it will show whether the software needs updated or not.  If it does the box next to Printer Essentials will be checked by default and you just need to select the Install button.

The following should not be necessary but if you want to be extra diligent and guarantee a clean new install.

2. Open HP Easy Start and Select the HP Easy Start Menu in the macOS menu bar.  In this menu select Uninstall HP Software.

Screen Shot 2020-10-23 at 2.04.26 PM.png

3.Select Continue to start the Uninstall process

Screen Shot 2020-10-23 at 2.04.40 PM.png

4. Once the uninstall completes.  Select Set Up New Device.

5. Go through the new device setup process by following the prompts.

6. This will lead to the software download/install prompt.

Screen Shot 2020-10-23 at 2.07.41 PM.png

7. Select install and the remaining prompts to finish the process.

Edit:  Systems administrators and those unable to use HP Easy Start can use HP Easy Admin to download the software pkg files directly.

While I may work for HP Inc, the views and opinions expressed here are my own.
HP Recommended

Hi, I've un-istalled the original software, the pop-ups are still coming, I've tried twice to install the new, which shows checked marks that it's installed, but then when I hit continue, the program stalls, the icon spins around and it can't finish the installation.  Please advise, thank you.

HP Recommended

I am using Mac OS 11.0 Beta (20A5395g), I have tried several times to install the software for my F340 but it fails every time. I have used the above recommended procedure ant it says that I need to download the software from the printer's website?

HP Recommended

The solution is to download (and install) this package which will update drivers AND THE CERTIFICATE:
ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softlib/software12/HP_Quick_Start/osx/Installations/Essentials/hp-printer-essen...

Easy Admin did nothing. Easy Startup did nothing. 5.1 drivers did nothing. This worked for me!

If this solved your issue, please thumbs up and mark as solved!

HP Recommended

screen_shot_2020-10-24_at_6.10.13_pm.jpgI downloaded the drivers as you suggested and restarted mY Mac, in fact I did both twice, but I get the same results Screen Shot 2020-10-24 at 6.10.13 PM.png

HP Recommended

I tried all the "Easy" solutions and as a last resort invoked this .../HP_Quick_Start/...  The download stalls out at about 14.7MB at which point it seems to stop.  What's up with this?

HP Recommended

The package is not drivers. Did you run the package?

Try removing your erroring device in System Preferences/Printers & Scanners. Then install the package. Then reinstall your device in the Printers & Scanners menu using the drivers it automatically selects.

HP Recommended

This did not work. Both the printer and iMac are on the same network and it keeps saying it cannot find the printer. It did however get rid of the popup message.

HP Recommended

Try removing your erroring device in System Preferences/Printers & Scanners. Then install the package. Then reinstall your device in the Printers & Scanners menu using the drivers it automatically selects. Then restart.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.