Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Common problems for Connectivity Issues
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about Printer Wi-Fi, Connectivity Issues and Offline Status. Check out this link: HP printer is offline or unavailable.
HP Recommended

I have already installed the printer. I added the package and now cannot reinstall printer. HP Smart keeps saying it cannot find the printer on the network.

HP Recommended

Do not use HP Smart. Use System Preferences/Printers & Scanners.

HP Recommended

Printer doesn't show up.

HP Recommended

When you use the + symbol to try to add it, can you enter in the IP address manually to find it? If you need help finding the IP of the printer, let me know.

HP Recommended

After searching for a while and chatting with apple support redoing everything we already tried...this worked perfectly!!!!

Thank you!

HP Recommended

Please share what "worked perfectly". I have. uninstalled and reinstalled software for my printer, which is on a USB cable connected to my computer, I have run every package that has been suggested here and still I get.Image 10-25-20 at 6.37 AM.jpeg

HP Recommended

Doesn't find the IP address either.

HP Recommended

Did all this. Printer is printing now but I can’t get rid of the pop up error window. 

HP Recommended

"BryanCustomPure" (above) posted this link to the driver update package you should download & install, it includes driver update AND an UPDATED CERTIFICATE which was missing in other package update links we tried; we noted that our certificate expired yesterday 10/24/2020).

Here is the link he posted to download the package you need to install, AFTER deleting your printer so that you start with a "fresh install":

ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softlib/software12/HP_Quick_Start/osx/Installations/Essentials/hp-printer-essen...

**ALSO IMPORTANT: I found I had to right click on the above link and COPY/PASTE it into my browser, rather than just clicking the hyperlink.** Good luck.

HP Recommended

OK - I managed to get HP Easy Admin to run and it re-installed latest version of printer essentials.  Looks like my printer is working again - through WiFi.  But this entailed a number of re-boots and re-booting my router so it's not certain which among all these steps - was the effective one.

BUT - I'm still getting the pop-up :

“HPDM.framework” will damage your computer.

Any one with some information might feel free to comment

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.