Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Common problems for Connectivity Issues
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about Printer Wi-Fi, Connectivity Issues and Offline Status. Check out this link: HP printer is offline or unavailable.
HP Recommended

Ahhh - rebooted (and for good measure ran FirstAid on my disk drives).  And the pop-up hasn't popped up yet!  So I'm guessing the advice of uninstalling the HP stuff and reinstalling latest version of "essentials"  from scratch is/was the magic bullet.

HP Recommended

Hi I am having the same issue as "RobertRamey" after following"BryanCustomPure" update recommendation and link. As I was searching I found this article from The Register that someone else had posted on a different community thread explaining what has happened and what things are broken. Also recommends to use AirPrint until Apple and HP sort out the mess. Have not tried this yet but hope this helps.

https://www.theregister.com/2020/10/23/hp_printer_macos/

HP Recommended

This great idea does not work if you try updating firmware or installing new drivers and no program is responsive.  WHEN IS HP GOING TO FIX THIS

HP Recommended

I have a MacBook Air with macOS Catalina. Version 10.15.7

im trying to connect it to my HP Office Jet Pro 6968

HP Recommended

Please make a new post and send me the link. I will help you there 

HP Recommended

Hello, this is actually a form of malware that has the potential of causing damage. To remove it, first go to the Apple on the top left of your desktop, click on "system preferences", click on "users and accounts", once the window opens up, on the top right, is "login items". Select this and look on the populated list below for anything listed with a yellow triangle to the right of it. If there is anything listed, click on the lock on lower left to make changes, enter password, select listed login items with the yellow triangle, click on "-" the lower left to remove, remove any others if necessary and restart your computer. Once restarted, click on safari or chrome (may be affecting both browsers), and once the message pops up, note the name of the problem file.  Open finder and at the top, underneath to the left of the search bar, click on "on this Mac".  Type in the name of the file on the search bar, once a list populates, find the file and drag it to the trash. Empty trash and restart computer. Some people may have 2 popups and if so, will need to do this for both. I believe the file name for one is hpmonitoring.framework and the other is hpmonitoringhelper. This will remove the malware off your from your Mac .Very important to empty the trash and restart computer. After this has been done, computer will be working right. I believe this malware originated from an HP improvement customer survey. Definitely an HP issue, not an apple issue. 

HP Recommended

“HPDeviceMonitoring.framework” will damage your computer. That is the message I am receiving.  How do I resolve this?

HP Recommended

The solution seems to be to: Use Easy Start (https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-easy-start/7376041 - make sure your OS is correct) and see if your printer is supported. If not, move on to the next steps.

Uninstall your printer USING THIS METHOD ONLY (NOT EASY START, NOT EASY ADMIN): Apple Logo (Upper Left of Screen)/System Preferences/Printers & Scanners. Then restart your computer.

Download (and install) this package (From HP FTP) which will update drivers AND THE CERTIFICATE:
ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softlib/software12/HP_Quick_Start/osx/Installations/Essentials/hp-printer-essen... If the link comes up blank, try right/control clicking and saving it. Or right/control click and copy link, and paste into browser bar. 

The install takes a bit. Let it run, even if it seems like it stalled out! When it completes, restart.

Then reinstall your printer using: Apple Logo (Upper Left of Screen)/System Preferences/Printers & Scanners, and use the default drivers. If drivers do not show up, download and install the 5.1 driver package from here: https://support.apple.com/kb/dl1888?locale=en_US . Then restart your computer.

It is NOT the same as the driver package, Easy Start, or Easy Admin other people are recommending.

If this solved your issue, please thumbs up and mark as solved!

If that doesn't work, start a new thread, and PM me with the link, and I'll help you there. I'll no longer be following this thread.

Also, BTW, this is NOT malware, it is mistaken, due to a snafu caused by HP requesting Apple de-certify their drivers without realizing the impact. Apple did so in their last security update they pushed.

HP Recommended

Solved and my Mac desktop, now on to my MacBook Air

HP Recommended

And so what do you do when you can download HP Easy (and firmware updates) but neither one will open and install??

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.