Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Common problems for Connectivity Issues
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about Printer Wi-Fi, Connectivity Issues and Offline Status. Check out this link: HP printer is offline or unavailable.
HP Recommended
Hp Envy 5055
Mac OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard and older

Printer HP Envy 5055

I have just switched internet service provider and need to connect my printer wirelessly to my new network, using the display screen.
My new network has been detected and is shown on the display screen. Now I have to « fill in » my network password. Question: HOW to fill in

the password using this screen? On the screen are shown the letters of the alphabet, within squares, in sets of three letters in each square.

For example, I want to choose the letter v. V is the third letter in the square tub. If I touch this square, the only letter displayed on the screen is t. If I touch it again once or twice, it just shows t and tt.

Please could someone tell me how to fill in one’s password using this screen of letters? (There  is NO keyboard.)
Thank you so much!!!

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@KH-S_81 

I don't know - printer displays without the ability to choose characters are on the bottom of my list of things to be tolerated.  Disliking it is not why I don't know but it is why I never learned to manage the process very well.

That said, the following will likely work...

If the printer is on the network, you might be able to use the Embedded Web Server (EWS) to complete the network configuration for your printer.

General Example

Open your favorite browser > type / enter Printer IP address into URL / Address bar

Tab Network > Wireless (802.11) > IPv4 Configuration

And

Tab Network > Wireless (802.11) > Advanced

HP_8630_EWS_Network_Static_IP_1HP_8630_EWS_Network_Static_IP_1HP_8630_EWS_Network_1CHP_8630_EWS_Network_1C

Expect the connection to break when you Apply the changes.

Wait a minute and then open a new EWS window to check or make other changes...

Printer  Home Page - References and Resources – Learn about your Printer  - Solve Problems

“Things that are your printer”

NOTE:  Content depends on device type and Operating System

Categories:  Alerts, Access to the Print and Scan Doctor (Windows), Warranty Check, HP Drivers / Software / Firmware Updates, How-to Videos, Bulletins/Notices, Lots of How-to Documents, Troubleshooting, User Guides / Manuals, Product Information (Specifications), more

When the website support page opens, Select (as available) a Category > Topic > Subtopic

HP ENVY 5055 All-in-One Printer 

Thank you for participating in our HP Community.

We are a world community of volunteers dedicated to supporting HP technology

Click Thumbs Up to say Thank You for the help.

If the answer helped resolve your issue, Click "Accept as Solution" .

Dragon-Fur

HP Recommended

Hi,

Apologies for jumping in unannounced @Dragon-Fur.

For smaller screens such as the specific printer, the keyboard is grouped, for example, if you need to type the c character you would need to press the ABC value free time, it switches from 1 character to the next, also put attention to capitals or lower-case, it will switch a,b,c or press the Shift key to switch to capitals (Arrow up)

For numbers, press the 123 button to switch to numbers as an example.

Hope that helps @KH-S_81,

Shlomi

Click the Yes button to reply that the response was helpful or to say thanks.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂
HP Recommended

@ShlomiL 

No worries - I have on occasion had to use this type of jump/hunt/peck method.

It is similar (likely much the same as I remember) to typing on phone number pad display.  Meh.

I didn't immediately find a solution in the printer docs (showing an illustration) and decided to bypass the whole thing.  Smiling.

Thanks.

Dragon-Fur

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.