Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Common problems for Connectivity Issues
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about Printer Wi-Fi, Connectivity Issues and Offline Status. Check out this link: HP printer is offline or unavailable.
HP Recommended
Hp OfficeJet Pro 6830 all in one printer
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi buddies, I have miss the password wireless of my Hp OfficeJet Pro 6830 all in one printer, how I can recover it ?

When I use the applicaion "HP Smart" for Windows 10 Pro 64 bit for wrirless printing, most function are disabled because  I cannot log in the app...

I know that the username is "admin" (the program "HP Smart"  tells me this itself) but I don't know the password...

May be I neither changed the standard password; sincerly I don't remember: just i case which is the default password ?

And, if I changed it, How I can recover the new password ?

Thanks in advance for your help.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@74lobster,

I am sorry since we are unaware of the wireless password we are not able to establish a wireless connection between the computer & printer. To retrieve the password please follow the above procedure. Make sure you access the router's page for the wireless password.

If you restore the network defaults, the printer will reset the password back to the default. I found these steps in the User manual. Please try out these steps and get back to me with the results.

Or need to contact ISP  for the password  SSID 

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

hi@74lobster,

Welcome to the HP Support Community!. It is a great place to find the help you need, from other users, HP experts, and other support personnel. I see from the post that you want to reset the network password. Don't worry as I have a few suggestions to help you.

In this scenario, this could be an issue with the router username and password. You can find the information at the bottom of the router. If you are having difficulty finding it, please contact your router manufacturer for further assistance.

Next thing, If you are having trouble access the EWS page,

To reset the embedded web server password for your HP Officejet Pro 6830. I will be happy to help.

If you restore the network defaults, the printer will reset the password back to the default. I found these steps in the User manual. Please try out these steps and get back to me with the results.

To restore the printer to the original network settings:
1. From the printer control panel, touch Setup.
2. Touch Network Setup.
3. Touch Restore Network Settings.
4. A message appears stating that the network defaults will be restored.
    Touch Yes.

5. Print the network configuration page and verify that the network settings have been reset.
    For more information, see the Network configuration page.
NOTE: Previously configured wireless settings are removed when you reset the printer network settings.

Keep me posted. Happy to help!

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

HP Recommended

Hi,

All the operations I must do with the printer are impossible to do because there are not the options in the menu you mentioned: remember that my printer is an Hp OfficeJet Pro 6830 all in one printer.

Please verify with attention the right settings menu that my printer has got.

Thanks in advance.

Cesare

HP Recommended

@74lobster,

I am sorry since we are unaware of the wireless password we are not able to establish a wireless connection between the computer & printer. To retrieve the password please follow the above procedure. Make sure you access the router's page for the wireless password.

Or need to contact ISP  for the password  SSID 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.