Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Common problems for Connectivity Issues
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about Printer Wi-Fi, Connectivity Issues and Offline Status. Check out this link: HP printer is offline or unavailable.
HP Recommended
OfficeJetPro 8100
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Printing any file no longer works. Error message comes up that says PC and printer are not communicating. My PC is Pavilion 23 Model 23-p114.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@jbb_011

Welcome to the HP Support Community.

Are you using the HP Smart App on your PC? If not, you may try and install to see if that works: https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c04675142. If yes, uninstall and reinstall it.

If the issue persists, try these steps:

Let's run the HP Print and Scan Doctor:

Use this link for details on using the HP Print and Scan doctor: https://hp.care/2JyaC93

Let me know if this helps.

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the Accepted Solution and Kudos buttons, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Thanks!

Have a great day!

I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
HP Recommended

@jbb_011

Welcome to the HP Support Community.

Are you using the HP Smart App on your PC? If not, you may try and install to see if that works: https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c04675142. If yes, uninstall and reinstall it.

If the issue persists, try these steps:

Let's run the HP Print and Scan Doctor:

Use this link for details on using the HP Print and Scan doctor: https://hp.care/2JyaC93

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the Accepted Solution and Kudos buttons, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Thanks!

Have a great day!

I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I spent nearly a whole day attempting to resolve the issue via your suggestion re HP Smart app, without success. I finally tried HP Print and Scan Doctor, and within minutes the issue was resolved. My printer is now connected and working just fine. I really have no interest in HP Smart features anyway, since I simply want to print files from my desktop at home - no need for wireless stuff. Thanks for your help. 

HP Recommended

I'm glad to hear that and you're most welcome. Do get back to us in the future for further assistance.

Have a nice day and stay safe!:)

I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Betty, you were so helpful in solving this issue, perhaps you can explain what's happening now after getting the printer to print my files. In that process my printer put out a test sheet showing colors to be looking good, but now I'm finding that some of the prints are not consistently printing colors accurately. Some file prints are fine, some are messed up and showing fonts to be light green only - even though I've activated the gray scale (for black & white). My inks are still not depleted.

HP Recommended

Does it happen on copies too?

I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I don't understand your question, regarding your term "copies." I'm simply trying to print file documents such as Word. Some of the Word docs contain info that was copy/pasted from websites. Is that what you're referring to?

HP Recommended

There is an option to just copy from the Printer itself. Does it happen on those?

I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I'm not familiar with that option, having never used it. So I tried to download the User Guide to see how to do that. In the process, I tried to print another Word document and got this error message:

Printer Status

Status Error: 1 document waiting

Type: HP Officejet Pro 8100

Where: CN523HV2D3055ZZ

Clicking on "Help" it said to disconnect power to printer, then reconnect it, which I did but am still getting the same error message. Also when I turned the printer back ON, the magenta cartridge light started blinking; removed the cartridge than re-inserted it. Still the problem persists.

HP Recommended

Let's try to do a root uninstall and reinstall of the software:

Unplug any USB cable, if any, before doing this.

1.) In Windows, search for and open Programs and features

2.) Select your HP Printer

3.) Select Uninstall

4.) In Windows, search for and open Devices and printers

5.) In the Devices and Printers windows look for your HP printer. If you see it listed right-click on it and choose 'Delete' or 'Remove Device'

6.) Open up the run command with the "Windows key + R" key combo.

7.) Type printui.exe /s and click Ok. (Note: there is a space in between “printui.exe” and “/s”)

8.) Click on the "Drivers" tab

9.) Look for HP Printer driver. If you see it Click on it and click Remove at the bottom

10.) Select Ok

11.) Select Apply and Ok on the Print Server Properties windows

12.) Close Devices and Printers

13.) Open up the run command with the "Windows key + R" key combo

14.) Type c:/programdata and click Ok. Go to Hewlett Packard folder, remove any printer related folders & files.

15.) Restart the computer.

Once done, please download and install the software from here:

https://support.hp.com/in-en/drivers

I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.