Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Common problems for Connectivity Issues
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about Printer Wi-Fi, Connectivity Issues and Offline Status. Check out this link: HP printer is offline or unavailable.
HP Recommended
HP LaserJet M15W
macOS 10.14 Mojave

Hi there,

I have a HP LaserJet M15W. and it connected to my old wifi network.

Q: how can i reset wifi setting and make it link to my current wifi network?

- i already tried restart wifi modem and printer, click WPS button in my modem. but it doesn't work. 

- now printer's wifi light is not solid blue, is flashing

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@Pans37

You need to reset the printer network settings as mentioned in my first post and use the WPS method to connect the printer to the new network.

Have you followed the steps mentioned in my first post?

• Make sure the printer and the iOS device are connected to the same wireless network.
  • Either 2.4GHz network or the 5GHz network.
  • If you have a Dual-band router and both 2.4GHz and 5GHz networks share the same name/SSID, the printer will not be able to connect to the network. In this case, contact your Internet service provider to assign different names to both the networks.
  • Also, check with your Internet service provider if your router is able to forward 'Bonjour packets'.

Let me know how this goes.

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

134 REPLIES 134
HP Recommended

@LittlePanda, Welcome to HP Support Community!

In order to resolve your issue, we will have to perform a factory reset to revoke the network capabilities of the printer. The reset instructions are specific for your printer, performing the same steps on a different printer may corrupt the device.

I will send you a private message with reset instructions, follow the steps and re-initialize the printer.

In order to access your private messages, click the private message icon on the upper right corner of your HP Forums profile, next to your profile Name or simply click on this link.

Please click “Accepted Solution” on my public post if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

i have the same question. could you please also help me change network that printer is connected to?

HP Recommended

@mk0

I can surely help you with this. 

I will send you a private message with reset instructions, follow the steps and re-initialize the printer.

In order to access your private messages, click the private message icon on the upper right corner of your HP Forums profile, next to your profile Name or simply click on this link.

Please click “Accepted Solution” on my public post if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I am having the same problem. i recently changed wifi companies and find myself unable to establish connection on my m15w again.

HP Recommended

@seanbeach12, Welcome to HP Support Community!

In order to resolve your issue, we will have to perform a factory reset to revoke the network capabilities of the printer. The reset instructions are specific for your printer, performing the same steps on a different printer may corrupt the device.

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I have the same problem. I need to change my wifi printer to a new wifi network. Why is this so difficult?

It should be readily available on how to change wifi settings.

thanks.

HP Recommended

@rojacks28

Welcome to the HP Support Community.

To help you further with this, let us know the Printer name.

Thanks

I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I'm having the same issue.  

HP Recommended

I need help changing my wifi network for printer.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.