Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about cartridges, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Connectivity Issues
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about Printer Wi-Fi, Connectivity Issues and Offline Status. Check out this link: HP printer is offline or unavailable.
HP Recommended
MFP M29w
macOS 11.0 Big Sur

My HP MFP M29w does not want to connect to wireless.  HP Smart crashes every time searching for printer.  I had recently recently changed the wifi router password.  I delete the printer from System Preferences -> Printer.  Seems like everyone is talking about this mysterious secret sauce how to reset the printer back to factory condition.  Could someone share this secret sauce how to reset HP laserjet printer model MFP M29w ?  Would really appreciate it.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi,

Make sure there is no USB cable connected to the printer and then press and hold the wireless button for about 20 seconds, release the button as soon as the Attention Light starts blinking.

After the printer restarts, make sure the wireless blue light is blinking, if it is off press the wireless button so it blinks.

Next, follow below version of HP Easy Start and follow the steps to reconfigure the wireless connection within HP Easy Start

https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softlib/software12/HP_Quick_Start/osx/Applications/HP_Easy_Start.app.zip

As soon as HP Easy start prompts to install HP Smart, close HP Easy Start and press the Skip to Software Download button, then follow the steps on screen to complete the installation and check for any difference.

Shlomi

Click the Yes button to reply that the response was helpful or to say thanks.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi,

Make sure there is no USB cable connected to the printer and then press and hold the wireless button for about 20 seconds, release the button as soon as the Attention Light starts blinking.

After the printer restarts, make sure the wireless blue light is blinking, if it is off press the wireless button so it blinks.

Next, follow below version of HP Easy Start and follow the steps to reconfigure the wireless connection within HP Easy Start

https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softlib/software12/HP_Quick_Start/osx/Applications/HP_Easy_Start.app.zip

As soon as HP Easy start prompts to install HP Smart, close HP Easy Start and press the Skip to Software Download button, then follow the steps on screen to complete the installation and check for any difference.

Shlomi

HP Recommended

You are the man, Sir ! Thank you so much for your help.  I really appreciate it.

This version of HP Easy Start software really helps.  It also enables some features that I didn't see before.  You save me from tossing the printer out of the window because the HP Smart app was of no use.  The UI graphic design was pretty but it was useless when it kept on crashing while searching for printer.

Thanks again.

HP Recommended

You’re much welcome @noneofursla, great to see the printer is now working as expected.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.