Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Common problems for Connectivity Issues
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about Printer Wi-Fi, Connectivity Issues and Offline Status. Check out this link: HP printer is offline or unavailable.
HP Recommended
HP ENVY Inspire 7955e All-in-One Printer
iOS

I set up my new Envy Inspire 7955e yesterday. I used my iPhone 13 (iOS 16) to set up the printer, and I've printed a few things from my phone with no trouble. I also have had no trouble printing from my MacBook Pro. The trouble rose when I tried to set up the printer in my wife's iPhone XR. 

I installed the HP Smart app on the iPhone XR, and the app shows the printer name in the little window at the top. However, the printer displays as "Unavailable." I tried to print a document from the iPhone XR, but the print dialog reported "No AirPrint printers found."

In the HP Smart app, I selected Printer Connection and—

1. I checked the printer. It's on and connected to Wi-Fi.
  2. I checked the network connection, and it's using the same home Wi-Fi connection as the phone. 
  3. I've restarted the printer and the router. No joy.

I'm not clear regarding some of the information in paragraph 2: "Make sure ... you have enabled the necessary permissions to help find the printer, including location and Local Network. You must turn on location and allow 'Precise Location' to help HP Smart find your network and easily set up your printer." 

I've overlooked something, but I can't figure out what. Anyone ... ?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hello, Anand_Andy, and thank you very much for that prompt and thorough response. I apologize for taking my sweet time to reply, but I'm just now returning to this problem. And the problem, I'm happy to report, seems to have resolved all by itself. I was trying to install and use HP Smart on my wife's phone shortly after I'd installed it. Perhaps it needed a little time to tighten all the screws—who knows! Just now I used the phone in question to print a photo via HP Smart, and it worked just fine.

Again, thank you for your help!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi @Becker240,

Welcome to the HP Support Community

I understand you are facing a connectivity issue with your HP ENVY Inspire 7955e All-In-One Printer. Not to worry I will help you to get a resolution to resolve the issue.

To assist you better:

• Could you please help me with the iOS version on your device?

While you respond to that, Let's perform a power drain: 

• With the printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from the rear of the printer and also unplug the power cord from the wall outlet.
  • Remove USB cable, if present.
  • Wait for 2-3 minutes, press and hold the power button on your printer for about 30 seconds to remove any additional charge.
  • Now plug back the power cable straight to a wall outlet without any surge protector or an extension cord (This is important) and then plug back the power cord to the printer.
  • Turn on the printer and wait till warm-up period finishes and the printer is idle

Update the printer firmware and Update software on iOS

• Click here to download and install the latest printer firmware from your product
  • Click here to know different methods of updating printer firmware.

Remove HP Smart App from your phone:

1. Touch and hold the app.
  2. Tap Remove App Remove App icon

An iPhone screen showing the menu that appears when you touch and hold an app. Remove App is the third option in the menu.

An iPhone screen showing an app with the Remove icon in the upper-left corner of the app. There's also an Add button in the top left corner of the screen and a Done button in the top right corner of the screen.

1. Tap Delete App, then tap Delete to confirm.

If the issue persists, then update the printer firmware and try adding the print on your iOS device again.

• Click here to download and install the latest printer firmware from your product
  • Click here to know different methods of updating printer firmware.

You may also try using the Apple AirPrint feature to print.

Print with AirPrint

1. Open the app that you want to print from.
  2. To find the print option, tap the app’s share icon reply icon orshare icon or tap  share icon.
  3. Scroll down and tap pinter iconor Print. If you can’t find the print option, check the app’s User Guide or Help section. Not all apps support AirPrint.
  4. Tap Select Printer and choose an AirPrint-enabled printer
  5. Choose the number of copies or other options, like which pages you want to print.
  6. Tap Print in the upper-right corner.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

ANAND_ANDY
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hello, Anand_Andy, and thank you very much for that prompt and thorough response. I apologize for taking my sweet time to reply, but I'm just now returning to this problem. And the problem, I'm happy to report, seems to have resolved all by itself. I was trying to install and use HP Smart on my wife's phone shortly after I'd installed it. Perhaps it needed a little time to tighten all the screws—who knows! Just now I used the phone in question to print a photo via HP Smart, and it worked just fine.

Again, thank you for your help!

HP Recommended

@Becker240,

That's great! Happy to hear that the issue is resolved now. 

If you need further assistance feel free to reach out to us. 

Have a great day ahead!

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Accept as Solution" and "KudosThumbs Up" buttons on the public post, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

ANAND_ANDY
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.