Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Common problems for Connectivity Issues
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about Printer Wi-Fi, Connectivity Issues and Offline Status. Check out this link: HP printer is offline or unavailable.
HP Recommended
Office key prob9010

I recently bought a OfficeJet Pro 9010 HP all in one printer. It worked fine for about a week and then the power in our neighborhood got knocked off during a storm. After that, the printer would not connect to the Wi-Fi network. It wouldn’t even see that they were Wi-Fi networks available. The Wi-Fi light is completely off which I’ve read means that the Wi-Fi radio isn’t on. When I try to turn it on there’s no option for the wireless set up wizard. It continuously says I need an ethernet cord to go into change the Wi-Fi. But when I put the cord in then there’s no option for Wi-Fi that shows up on my display. When I go into Network set up, I get  a message that says I have to connect an ethernet cable. But when I do the wireless option disappear. What can I do to turn my Wi-Fi radio back on so that I can use the Wi-Fi on my printer and print remotely? It was working fine then after the storm it stopped.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@Ewambach

Welcome to the HP Support Community.

We'll have to perform a reset on the Printer for this. I have sent you a private message, for more details that cannot be shared in a public post.

Please do check your inbox on the communities page for the private message.

Let me know if this helps.

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the Accepted Solution button, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Thanks!

I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

93 REPLIES 93
HP Recommended

@Ewambach

We'll have to perform a reset on the Printer for this. I have sent you a private message, for more details that cannot be shared in a public post.

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the Accepted Solution button, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Thanks!

I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I have the same issue. Can someone please send me the reset instructions necessary to fix the issue?

HP Recommended

@Tiffany49

Please let us know which Printer do you have.

Thanks 🙂

I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I have the Officejet pro 9010 printer.

HP Recommended

Thanks!

I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi - I have the exact same problem. Also after a power outage. Can you please send me the reset info for the 9010? Thanks!

HP Recommended

I have precisely the same issue.  HP Support, please help me resolve.

HP Recommended

@betty0610, I am having the same issue with my HP Officejet Pro 9010 All-in-One.. No option available to turn on Wi-fi. Exact same issue as mentioned above. Please advise!

HP Recommended

Same problem!  It appears this model needs to be recalled.  Please help.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.