Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Common problems for Connectivity Issues
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about Printer Wi-Fi, Connectivity Issues and Offline Status. Check out this link: HP printer is offline or unavailable.
HP Recommended

On OCT 25, 2020 I, Hank38, had posted this:

"HP ENVY Phto 7800 printer.  using a wireless connectuion with my MackBook Pro computer. I got the message: 

“HPDeviceMonitoring.framework” will damage your computer."  The message won't go away.  It has no red button to click."

Someone suggested to delete all HP-related siftware and start over.  That is what I decided to do.  I just delete all the HP priter related (previous printers and current one) and did a connect to my HP ENVY Phto 7800 printer as if it were totally new.

My printer is now working properly!  Thnaks for all who made suggestions.

HP Recommended

I have what I believe to be the same problem, though on my pop-up it said "hpPostScriptPDE.plugin" will damage your computer.  I have two HP printers connected to my i-Mac desktop, the newer "all in one" color, fax, copier is unaffected, but my "old reliable" HP 1200 Series LaserJet is unable to print, though it is fully functional otherwise, as it easily prints a test copy.  I reported to Apple, but of course it may be a problem HP can help solve.  I hope so.  I have tried restarting several times, nothing helps.  Perhaps the printer driver for this old [vintage 2004] printer has been damaged by a virus.  Do I have to uninstall the printer driver?  How do I replace it for this old printer?  I do a lot of black/white printing, so this is a big loss for me.  Any help is greatly appreciated.  Thanks for your attention.

HP Recommended

Just done what StarGayle recommended for my HP Officejet pro 8600 plus on my Mac and it seems to have worked - for now!

From the pop-up error message:

click on “show in finder”

drag ALL the folders to the bin

empty the bin permanently

delete the printer from system preferences

re-add the printer

p.s. It also came up with a similar error message for the fax component but I just did exactly the same thing as above for that.

HP Recommended

I clicked the link to display the offending file in Finder, and discovered it led to an old folder called "hp" in my Library dating waaay back from 2015.  Since it was clearly not part of the HP Smart app installation or my new Envy 6052 printer, I deleted it and the problem went away entirely.  I think the users above that mentioned "outdated signatures" are on to something—It does appear to be triggered as part of Apple's new software integrity check (or whatever they are calling it)—but HP is the culprit...

I wish they (HP) would do some file cleanup on their old installations before doing new ones, as their approach to drivers and software seems to change as fast as their printer lineup. My older laptops have dozens of outdated files in the OS Library from old, now obsolete, HP installations... Same problem there on the machine running Catalina 10.15.7.

So to summarize, I think it's "old" HP software causing the problem, not your latest install. Delete the old junk, maybe restart your printer and Mac, and you might find that everyone plays nice together again. I didn't have to delete and re-add the printer or reinstall the HP Smart application. 😉

Hope this helps... As always, what worked for me may not resolve the problem for everyone, but worth a try maybe.

Mike in Sunny Alabama  

HP Recommended

I tried dragging it to my trashcan.  Had to put in my password.  I clicked on the SHOW IN FINDER tab to locate it and then dragged just the problem file to the trashcan.  So far so good.  

Screen Shot 2020-10-29 at 12.32.48 PM.png

HP Recommended

It may give you additional error messages if you only deleted the file that provided the error.  Do not be concerned.  Just go ahead and remove the files that are HP related.  HPDeviceMonitoring.framework, HPPostScriptPDE.plugin, etc.   Then delete your printer by going to the apple in the upper left hand corner, pressing System Preferences > Printers and scanners> then select the printer and then the minus sign at the bottom of the left window.   After you have removed the printer, you can then reinstall the printer by just clicking the plus sign or you can download from the HP site or HP Easy start.

I have seen a lot of comments that HP has not updated the signatures or that the issue is with Apple's new stricter requirements; but, the only printers that seem to have the issue are the HP printers,  I am unable to see any other printers affected.  For example, I am not seeing this same issue with Epson, Canon, Panasonic, Brother, or Lexmark.  I am sure there are a number of other printer manufacturers, but I am familiar with these brands and am not seeing the same issue with them.

HP Recommended

Downloaded the above update and now the printer will print photos & backgrounds within emails, but still getting the warning 

"HPDM.framework" will damage your computer.

HP Recommended

See my post above on 10/29 for a fix that has worked for me and several others... I don't think it's an issue updating will resolve. I believe it's old obsolete HP updates still on your system.   –MikeJ

HP Recommended

Delete the HP print driver software first. Then install the latest driver from the HP site. Also, read this article: https://appleinsider.com/articles/20/10/27/how-to-remove-hp-printer-driver-malware-from-mac

HP Recommended

I got rid of the message by finding the file in finder, dragging to trash, deleting hp app, installing HP Smart Printer, and now up and running. At least for a day! Hope it holds! Thanks to all for the help and ideas.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.