Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Common problems for Connectivity Issues
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about Printer Wi-Fi, Connectivity Issues and Offline Status. Check out this link: HP printer is offline or unavailable.
HP Recommended

I can connect to the web interface via smart phone at hard-coded IP and view same info in Router Attached Devices w/reserved same IP, however I cannot connect to the same IP from the wired PC

ping -a to IP returns Printer name setup via Phone & Router with reserved & hard-coded IP address

PC & Printer share same subnet

Ping -a <IP> responds with printer network Name matching/setup in web interface via phone and in router, but the printer likely isn't setup to respond to ping so there's no proper response.

Nutshell Question: How to Print from PC to Wireless Printer on same LAN?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

So, I removed "extra" ports that were created in the many attempts to setup the printer...

Disconnected from VPN, and viola able to print Test pages from WSD & TCP/IP ports...

So "issue" is VPN (always have it on to work from home...)  

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

So, I removed "extra" ports that were created in the many attempts to setup the printer...

Disconnected from VPN, and viola able to print Test pages from WSD & TCP/IP ports...

So "issue" is VPN (always have it on to work from home...)  

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.