Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Common problems for Connectivity Issues
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about Printer Wi-Fi, Connectivity Issues and Offline Status. Check out this link: HP printer is offline or unavailable.
HP Recommended
DeskJet 3632
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I do not know the EWS password set on my DeskJet 3632, and none of the publicly-knowledgable ways of resetting the printer gets rid of that password. I have tried every possible default-password with no success. Every support article I read closes with the answer to this issue being shared over private message - which helps me nothing. Can someone please tell me how to reset this password? Without this the printer is just bricked...

I've spent several days searching for a definitive answer on this, including 2 days of DM's with HP Support on twitter, to come to the result of "I dont know. Call us instead.". Any help will be appreciated

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@terryvanzyl1 

Hello,

The firmware must be updated first if an older version is installed, else the reset will not be made.
Please update the printer's firmware: https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-deskjet-3630-all-in-one-printer-series/7172306.

You will need to follow the instructions below to reset printer:

1. Turn the printer off.
  2. Press and hold down the Color Copy and the WiFi Direct buttons.
  3. Hold the buttons when you turn on the printer.
  4. When the all light turns on, release the Color Copy and the WiFi Direct buttons.
    NOTE: It takes about 60 seconds before initialization process begins.
  5. The initialization starts.
  6. When the initialization completes, the printer enters the generic printer mode.

If the reset does not work, I recommend that you contact HP Technical Support. Contact HP HP Support in your country/region.

I remain at your disposal in case of need.

Best regards,:Wink:

I'm not an HP employee. Did this message answer your question? Include it below as an Accept As Solution! Did you find this message useful?  Click on the thumbs up set to give a Compliment! Follow us on Facebook Assistance customers HP.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@terryvanzyl1 

Hello,

The firmware must be updated first if an older version is installed, else the reset will not be made.
Please update the printer's firmware: https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-deskjet-3630-all-in-one-printer-series/7172306.

You will need to follow the instructions below to reset printer:

1. Turn the printer off.
  2. Press and hold down the Color Copy and the WiFi Direct buttons.
  3. Hold the buttons when you turn on the printer.
  4. When the all light turns on, release the Color Copy and the WiFi Direct buttons.
    NOTE: It takes about 60 seconds before initialization process begins.
  5. The initialization starts.
  6. When the initialization completes, the printer enters the generic printer mode.

If the reset does not work, I recommend that you contact HP Technical Support. Contact HP HP Support in your country/region.

I remain at your disposal in case of need.

I'm not an HP employee. Did this message answer your question? Include it below as an Accept As Solution! Did you find this message useful?  Click on the thumbs up set to give a Compliment! Follow us on Facebook Assistance customers HP.

HP Recommended

Hi Mans, Thank you so much for the reply. You have saved my printer! I owe you one! 

HP Recommended

@terryvanzyl1 

Thanks for your return,

I welcome you to the English HP community support.

Congratulations!

Don't worry about me I have a good HP printer, but I do thanks for your compliment.

Don't hesitate to contact us in case of need

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.