Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Common problems for Connectivity Issues
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about Printer Wi-Fi, Connectivity Issues and Offline Status. Check out this link: HP printer is offline or unavailable.
HP Recommended
Envy 4520
iOS

My iPad keeps losing its connection with the printer ... my wife’s iPad can still print. I have the hp app downloaded my wife doesn’t. Are there any reasons why mine keep dropping out but my wife’s doesn’t?

Any help appreciated.

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

@Poppy107

Welcome to the HP support community.

I understand that you are getting connectivity issues on your iPad and printer.

Are you using HP Smart app in your iPad?

If yes, follow these steps to fix the issue.

Uninstall and reinstall HP Smart app

Here are the steps:- Click here

Updater the iPad OS

Go to Settings > General, then tap Software Update.

Let me know how it goes.

To thank me for my efforts to help you, please mark my post as an accepted solution so that it benefits several others.

Cheers.7

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi, 

Thanks for your suggestions. I’ve already done what you suggested.. time and time again. I surrender! I actually spoke to someone from HP ( how I managed that was a small miracle!! And I had to pay!)  He just blamed it on my broadband connection .. and no doubt my broadband provider will deny this and blame HP. I can honestly say I will never use another HP printer in my lifetime.

Thanks very much of getting back to me.

mick

HP Recommended

@Poppy107

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

If you are unfamiliar with how the Community's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Community.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hasn’t helped.. no matter how many times I delete and reinstall.

Thanks

HP Recommended

@Poppy107

I will have to forward this case to the appropriate team to get this issue fixed.

Reply to the private post with the requested information to proceed further.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

After spending 4 consecutive days on hour long sessions with Apple support getting nowhere again, I decided to get a local computer company involved, they do home visits.  He put me on 2.4ghz instead of dual and the printer is working fine, so far, and printing on all my devices. He also recommended HP printers.

Thanks for your help.

Mick

HP Recommended

@Poppy107

Good to know that issue is resolved.

Feel free to contact us in the future if you need any assistance.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.