Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Hi guys,<br><br>I need some help as I am currently unable to access my control panel of my wireless hp laserjet p1102w printer. I have recently took out a new internet service provider and unable to even log into the control panel to input the new wireless settings!<br><br>I have forgotten the password I had set for the control panel upon initial installation and desperately need some guidance on how I can reset the password for this machine!<br><br>Please help as I currently have a printer which I am unable to use to its full potential :(<br><br>Regards,<br><br><br>Kad
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hey Kad,

It looks like your printer needs to have a reset performed to it.  This will reset the device to a factory state, but will not affect page counts, service IDs, or other static product values.

I will send the information to perform this reset to you in a private message.  Please read Bob_Headrick's thread on printer resets, found here, prior to performing these steps.

Jason

-------------How do I give Kudos? | How do I mark a post as Solved? --------------------------------------------------------

I am not an HP employee.

View solution in original post

60 REPLIES 60
HP Recommended

Hey Kad,

It looks like your printer needs to have a reset performed to it.  This will reset the device to a factory state, but will not affect page counts, service IDs, or other static product values.

I will send the information to perform this reset to you in a private message.  Please read Bob_Headrick's thread on printer resets, found here, prior to performing these steps.

Jason

-------------How do I give Kudos? | How do I mark a post as Solved? --------------------------------------------------------

I am not an HP employee.
HP Recommended
Thanks Jason. Much obliged 🙂

Printer is now working and order has been restored!
HP Recommended

No problem!  I am glad I was able to assist and get your issue resolved.  Thank you for participating in the HP Consumer Support forums.  Please feel free to post again if you have any future questions or issues.

Happy Printing,

Jason

I am not an HP employee.
HP Recommended

I have the same issue. Could you send the solution in a personal message as you did for this person?

HP Recommended

Hey panoramatree,

I see you are having an issue with your printer and need to reset the device.  Which HP printer do you have?

I want to make sure I provide you with the correct information.

Jason

I am not an HP employee.
HP Recommended

HP Officejet Pro 8600

HP Recommended

Thank you for your reply and update, panoramatree.

I see you have an 8600 and need to reset the password information in the Embedded Web Server.  For this model printer this can be done by performing the below steps:

• Press the Right Arrow while on the home screen of the printer
  • Select the Setup menu option
  • Select the Network submenu
  • Scroll to the bottom of the list and select "Restore Network Defaults"
  • Select Yes to perform the reset

Once the device has restored the defaults, then power cycle the printer.  After the printer is powered back up, then reconnect the printer to your network by performing the Wireless Setup Wizard steps as done before.  

• Press the Right Arrow on the home screen of the printer
  • Select the Setup menu
  • Select the Network submenu
  • Select Wireless Setup Wizard
  • Follow onscreen instructions

This will reconnect the device to your network and the settings in the EWS will be restored to the factory default settings.

Let me know if this performs the actions you are looking to do,

Jason

I am not an HP employee.
HP Recommended

I have lost password of my HPLaserjet1536dnf.

Can you help please?

HP Recommended

Hi mlatif2000,

I understand that you have forgotten the password to your HP Laser jet 1536dnf. To be able to get back into the control panel of the printer we will need to factory reset the printer. When you factory reset the printer this will loose information such speed dial presets for faxing and the customized email for ePrint Center/ HP Connected. Other settings such as page count and service IDs will not be affected.

I will send the information to perform the proper reset to you in private message. Before completing the reset please read the following thread from Bob_Headrick's on printer resets <here>.

Thank you.

I worked on behalf of HP
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.