Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Herculean,

Sorry for the delay.  The one key part of the instructions,  that was missing, to turn on the printer, but to unplug the USB cord from the printer and the computer, was a crucial step and caused a problem in finishing the installation.  My computer refused to boot up, had to be taken apart, after returning the CMOS to default status, my computer finally booted up.  Set up configuration, of course, had to be changed, since my computer's clock and date were now wrong.  BIOS also has to be reconfigured.

But now I have the HP Solution Center installed, that very valuable and necessary software when a printer is this complex.

Thank you for your help.  My Control Panel now shows nine different HP programs and almost 1000MB of information.

7Again

HP Recommended

I have an HP Photosmart C3100 (PS C3180) All in One Printer, Scanner, photocopier and it has worked beautifully for several years. I have scanned, copied and printed documents and photos without any trouble. I use Windows XP operating system on my laptop. Yesterday I wanted to scan in a photo but when I clicked on the HP Solution Centre on my desktop, I got the message."No HP Device has been detected. HP Solution Centre will close now". The printer is plugged in to my laptop and is working.  Any ideas anyone?

HP Recommended

Herculean,

It has been a while since our last correspondence of May 26, 2013 and other problems  have occurred, so I bought a new computer, 64 bit, with Windows 8, preinstalled and am now using Explorer 10 browser.  The 940MB of installation for my HP All-in-one printer is now installed on this new computer and working very well.

The very crucial HP Solution Center icon now appears on my new desktop and has been used several

times.  Internet Explorer 10 does not synchronize with certain crucial secure websites, so I rely on my HP printer, with the HP Solution Center guiding me on how to scan to email, then email that scanned information, or to copy an email and upload it using SkyDrive and Google Chrome.

So, bottom line is since Internet Explorer 10 will not open some very important web sites, I use Google Chrome browser, HP Solution Center and my printer with its scan and fax programs to circumvent Internet Explorer 10 until Microsoft patches the problem with Internet Explorer 10.

7Again

HP Recommended
Hi 7Again,

It's great to hear that your printer is being put to good use.

Didy,
It sounds like your printer drivers may have become corrupted.

Try scrubbing all of the HP drivers from you computer, and then perform a clean install.

If software was downloaded and extracted to your system:
1. Type %temp% in the run field
2. Look for, and open the folder starting with 7z (Example: 7zS2356)
3. Open folder Util
4. Open folder CCC
5. Run the L4uninstall.bat
6. When the uninstall has completed restart the computer
7. Run Disk cleanup from Accessories\ System Tools
8. Download and install the latest version of Adobe flash player
http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/
9. Type %temp% in the run field
10. Delete all files in the %temp% folder. Some files may say they can't be deleted just skip them.
11. Download the full feature software and drivers - http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softlib/software10/COL15174/oj-40681-3/AiO_071_000_201_000_CDA_DriverOnly_NonN...
12. Run the download to reinstall the printer

Please click the white Kudos star in the post that resolved your problem.
Click 'Accept As Solution' if I solved your problem.
HP Recommended

Hello,

I received an email update today, Sept. 14, 2013, about downloading the HP Solution Center on my Windows XP computer.  I had other problems with my computer being hacked, so I purchased a new computer, using Windows 8, Explorer 10 browser and reinstalled my HP Officejet Pro 8500 Wireless Aii-in-one Printer, A909g, 940 MB of information.

The printer works pretty well now, but I have discovered another problem.  I wondered why I would never get the estimated number of printed pages from my ink cartridges.  During the reinstall, which included moving the printer, I found a big, wet pool of ink underneath the printer, on the left-hand side edge of the paper tray.

I have had the printer for four years and I have never been able to get the estimate of printed pages from my ink cartridges, which is very expensive. After finding a pool of ink underneath the printer, I ran a test page, compared it with my test page of four years ago, and could not tell the difference between the two (2) pages.

The printer still leaks, and probably leaked when I first purchased it, which would explain why the ink cartridges never lasted anywhere near the estimate given of printed pages.  As you know, ink for these types of printers is expensive and cost equivalent to a new, less complex printer.  This is my second ink refill in four months---too much money, just for ink.  Any solutions will be appreciated.

7again

HP Recommended

Need help for downloading Solution Center for HP photosmart C6280 using windows XP

Thank you

HP Recommended

Hi FX-Trader,

I understand you are looking for the Solution Center for your Photosmart C6380 in Windows XP. I will certainly do my best to get you this download!

To get the HP Solution Center you have to install the full HP software package. To download it, please click here and download the HP Photosmart Full Feature Software and Drivers. Make sure to save it to your computer as opposed to just running it and then you will have it in case you ever need the file again. Then once it is downloaded you can run the file to start the installation.

If your printer is connected to the computer via USB, please make sure to disconnect the USB cable before running the installation, and do NOT plug it in again until the software specifically asks for it.

Hope this helps, have a great day!!

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" on the right to thank me for responding! 🙂

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post resolved your issue, as it will help others find the solution faster!

**MissTeriLynn**
I work on behalf of HP
HP Recommended

My printer is the Hp psc 1315 printer I would like the Hp support centre please

HP Recommended

Hello Ossom,

You have reached the support forums. If you want, we can attempt to resolve your printer issue here.

May I ask what problem you are expriencing with the HP PSC1315? The printer software can be found here: http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareCategory?cc=us&lc=en&product=374568

Otherwise, you can reach HP support line here: http://www8.hp.com/us/en/contact-hp/phone-assist.html

or for thru email here: http://h20180.www2.hp.com/apps/Nav?h_pagetype=s-005&h_cc=us&h_lang=en&h_page=hpcom&h_product=top

Have a wonderful day

HP Recommended

my hp printer model " HP Deskjet F2280" when i replace old catridge to new catridge the error occurd as align catridge so i followd as per screen instruction but nothing happen. since then could not scan but printing is possible. may i have solution for it

thanks

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.