Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Hi

1. Open Solution Center, and then select Settings

2. Chose scan to settings

3. Remove the shortcuts from the right side

4. Click update device, and then close the scan to setup window

5. Reopen the scan to setup window

6. Add the shortcuts from the left side to the right side

7. Click update device

8. Try scanning from the front panel of the printer

1.png

I am an HP employee.

Say Thanks by clicking the Kudos Star in the post that helped you.

Please mark the post that solves your problem as "Accepted Solution"
HP Recommended

Thank you!  I have been pulling my hair out trying to fix this.  Your solution worked!

HP Recommended

I did the procedure and it lasted a couple of days. Anybody got any other ideas (apart from buying a competitor's device)?

WHEN WILL HP ACTUALLY FIX THIS PROBLEM?

Philip

HP Recommended

Yup the manual way to scan at the printer sucks it always has but one can still scan through software usually though...

HP Recommended
So I had to uninstall the software and reinstall it and now it works.
HP Recommended

Not. It is not necesary to uninstall.

Just unplug the power cord, wait 2 minutes and reconect.

With this procedure you get the "LCD list upgraded" and HP get your time ( arround 10 minutes waitting) and, possibly, some extra ink  wasted in the recalibration...

Not a big deal considering I have to do it 3 or more times per week. :indifferent: and that the problem is here for more than one year without any other solution than unplug one.

Next time I need to buy a printer the winner won't be HP. For sure.

HP Recommended
Thank you! This worked for me!
HP Recommended

This doesn't work for me,  I get this message every time I try to 'scan to' for over 2 years now -arghhh.

HP Recommended

@brownpenny wrote:

I've received this message and don't know how to fix it.  Scanner won't scan

HP Recommended
Ha--looks like this worked! Thank you...have been working on this for hours. Very frustrating...

Vickie
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.