Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
m476
Microsoft Windows 11

hi

I recently bought a used m476dw. When printing in black and white i'm getting a strange colour blur even though its a black and white print. Please see attached photo. I've tried calibrating 3 times and a cleaning process and that hasn't helped has anyone got any ideas what is causing this and any suggested solutions? i do have a set of toners that i can replace the ones that came with the printer but didn't want to waste the ones already in the machine of that isn't a fix. i have replaced the cyan as that was empty.

I was getting paper jams on tray 2 but have fixed that with a new pickup roller but still need to try and fix this issue. Any advice appreciated.

Thanks in advance

20211204_134652.jpg

Roland

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

That could be a driver/computer issue. What about internal prints like configuration page or supplies staus page, how are they printed?

My profile on LinkedIn

HP Recommended

hi, thanks for your reply. yes looking at it, those pages print perfectly. it seems to be when printing pages from my web browser (firefox) i'm using windows 11.

HP Recommended

i don't remember seeing a win 11 driver before - there may have been - i may have installed win 1,  but there's one there now. to make sure i will uninstall the current drivers and reinstall

HP Recommended

well i reninstalled drivers, if i click to print in black and white it seems to be ok even though its a black and white page tp print. so not sure of the issue but usable now.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.