Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
Color Laserjet MFP M477fnw
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Sorted through others with this error message, but didn't see anything conclusive.  According to the service manual the 59.F0 error says to replaced the Drum Assembly Motor which we did, but we are still experiencing the same problem.  Sometimes you can power cycle and get a few print jobs before the error comes up again.  As mentioned we have replaced the drum assembly motor, reseated the transfer unit and updated the firmware.  The service manual gives no other part to try for this specific error.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

It sounds like they updated the formatter firmware, not the DC Controller firmware. There are two different firmware that can be updated. Most everyone updates the formatter firmware which is publicly available from HP, but the DC Controller firmware (which is the link I supplied) will fix the 59 error and is not normally publicly available. You should keep this for future issues that you may run into.

View solution in original post

25 REPLIES 25
HP Recommended

Most of the time 59.F0 is caused by so called sticky solenoid problem and you need to find out and take care of it.

Check here and hope it will help.

https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/LaserJet-Printing/printer-error-59-f0-error-turn-off-then-turn-on/m-p/...

HP Recommended

On M477 series the 59.F0 error is caused by a defective transfer belt.

My profile on LinkedIn

HP Recommended

From what I've read other places, your solution seems the most plausible.  If we opt for the transfer belt (as opposed to replacing the unit), I will let you know how it turns out.  Thanks.

HP Recommended

Hi Friend,

Did you solve your printer problem after change IBT? I have M377 model, came with the same code, 59.F0. After we changed the Drum motor, still shows the same error message.

HP Recommended

Our client has not opted yet for the repair so I don't know yet.  If they do the repair, I will post the results.

HP Recommended

The 59.F0 error is typically the result of a small sensor switch inside the ITB (Intermediate Transfer Belt) assembly that is not working correctly. It will have variable amounts of resistance as it is activated during the course of operation and causes the error. It's supposed to detect and report to the controller when the plates are moved into position to press the belt into contact for the toner cartridge drums for color printing. HP came out with a new version of firmware for the DC Controller board to ignore this shortly after I brought it to HP's attention awhile ago. The previous fix was to replace the ITB assy., which worked most of the time, but the firmware update should be tried first as it is quick and simple and we've had great success with it so far.

Here's the link for it:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/liy40fjbmbfqhmj/AAAHQOsA-2Ap-upz-oG1nA_Fa?dl=0

HP Recommended
Hello Jason, Sorry for such a late reply. I just found out that the client replaced the transfer belt. It did not fix the problem. Another post said the firmware which was already done. The client ended up replacing the unit.
HP Recommended

It sounds like they updated the formatter firmware, not the DC Controller firmware. There are two different firmware that can be updated. Most everyone updates the formatter firmware which is publicly available from HP, but the DC Controller firmware (which is the link I supplied) will fix the 59 error and is not normally publicly available. You should keep this for future issues that you may run into.

HP Recommended
Yes, you are right. It was the formatter firmware and not the DC Controller Firmware that was updated. Thank you for the distinction. I appreciate the info. Too bad HP doesn't make that info more public. It would go a long way for customer relations and keep people from switching to a different brand. Thanks again.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.