Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended

Is there an alternative ink cartridge for the 652 as I can't get them iny area?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@Tonynevis

Apologies for the oversight, here is an update to your query.

The cartridges for the Deskjet Ink Advantage 3700 printer are only available for the below regions.

As you are trying to use the printer in the North American region, there are no compatible inks.

If you do have additional HP 652 ink cartridges, you can continue to use the printer.

Hope this helps!

Keep me posted

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12
HP Recommended

Hi @Tonynevis,

I'd like to help!

May I have the exact model name of the product? Refer to this document for steps to find the product details. Do not share any of your personal information such as serial, phone number, email ID, etc.

Keep me posted. 

And, Welcome to the HP Support Community. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Yes" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping

HP Recommended

Hi,

Thanks for getting back to me.

Attached are my printer details.

There are a couple of other numbers also: CN8154D0F7 and FPU No. J9V87-64008

3788 Printer Details.jpg

HP Recommended

Below is the image of the supported cartridges in different regions.

Hope this helps!

Keep me posted!

HP Recommended

Hi,

Thanks for your reply. 

I tried the 664 and although it fitted, it was not compatible. The cartridge warning light came on and it would not print. Might try the 680...what do you think?

Tony

HP Recommended

May I know where are you located, which country?

Let me know!

HP Recommended

I am in St.kitts & Nevis, West Indies.

Thanks.

HP Recommended

Was the printer purchased and used in the same region?

Let me know!

HP Recommended

No. It was purchased in Abu Dhabi, UAE and this is the first time I have had to change the cartridge. 

The 664 is compatible with models 3787 & 3789, as stated on the package, but 3788 is not mentioned!!

That is why I wondered about the 680 cartridge as the 664 didn't work

HP Recommended

Do you think the 680 cartridge will be suitable, pse?

Thanks!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.