Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
MSI GE75 Raider
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My HP Color LaserJet Pro MFP 281cdw is continuously restarting about every 1-2 minutes, and displays "79 Error Turn Off then on" before restarting. I have tried unplugging it from everything multiple times, and once for even a week. I have tried going to other settings, but receive "Internal Processing Error" every time. I cannot even attempt to update the firmware, as it does not stay online long enough. 

If anyone here could help me - please do.

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@X32543

Welcome to the HP support community.

Follow these steps to fix the issue:-

1. Turn the printer power off, wait at least 30 seconds, and then turn the power on and wait for it to initialize.

2. If you are using a surge protector, remove it and plug the printer directly into the wall socket. Turn the printer power on.

3. If the message persists, disconnect any network or USB cables and power cycle. If the printer returns to Ready, check the firmware version and update if a newer version is available.

For instructions on updating the firmware, go to HP LaserJet Pro - Update the printer firmware.

4. If the error is intermittent, attempt to isolate the issue to something specific in your environment.

5. Delete all print jobs from all computers connected to the printer and send a simple test print job.

You can refer this HP document for more assistance:- Click here'

Let me know how it goes.

To thank me for my efforts to help you, please mark my post as an accepted solution so that it benefits several others.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Unfortunately, I have done all of the above to no success.

However, I have determined that it only does this when connected to my wireless network. As soon as I disconnect the network - this problem stops. Firmware is up to date.

HP Recommended

@X32543

I am sending you a private message with the steps to reset the printer. Please check the mailbox icon at the top-right corner of this screen.

I hope this helps resolve this issue completely.

To thank me for my efforts to help you, please mark my post as an accepted solution so that it benefits several others.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Unfortunately, this did not fix the problem. 

HP Recommended

@X32543

This might require one on one interaction to fix the issue.

I request you to talk to HP support.

They might have multiple options to help you with this.

1. Click on this link - https://support.hp.com/us-en/contact-hp?openCLC=true
  2. Select the country.
  3. Enter the serial of your device.
  4. Select the country from the drop-down.
  5. Click on "Show Options".
  6. Fill the web-form. A case number and phone number will now populate for you.

Let me know how it goes.

To thank me for my efforts to help you, please mark my post as an accepted solution so that it benefits several others.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.