Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP PageWide Pro 477dw Multifunction Printer

Hello HP community

I came around the PageWide Pro Troubleshooting Manual and did the Tap tests 10, 12, 61 and 909.

909 tap test

line 2: Drop Detect is NOT operating (BDD_FAIL_512_OVERRUN_COUNT)

line 19: 11 times we have tripped the 512 NODB Breaker

line 21: Cal OOBE is complete, state=2  OT:260, OA:272, A:238

line 22: Pen Height: Valid, Beam Center: INVALID

Acceptable values for line 2  "Drop Detect is operating" and for line 21 "Cal OOBW is complete=2 (so this one is fine)

I am mostly concerned about  line 2: Drop Detect is NOT operating

Has anyone any idea what to do to resolve this issue?

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hello Jweke,

In your description you refer to the Tap tests, but there is no description of any problem you could be facing with your printer.

If you are facing print quality issues, error codes etc it will be important to provide them so we can have a broader overview. Having the whole perspective when having problems is very desirable.

In the other hand, if you are not facing any problem, you are using original HP ink cartridges, paper within the specs for your printer, unit connected directly to the power outlet, you should not worry as those tests are intended for more in depth troubleshooting when the unit presents actual issues.

I am an HP Employee
HP Recommended

Hello Andcr

To be honest, there are only long term problems.
I was browsing for solutions on the usual printing quality issues and stooped over these tap tests and the troubleshooting manual.
It made me curious, if there are quality improving procedures beyond those presented on the control panel.

It also made me curious if there may be a solution for an unsolved issue.

HP PAGEWIDE 477DW will turn it self back ON after a power off

Reading your words I understand that the diagnostic results on line 2, 19 and 22 are no reason to worry?

The printer is directly connected to the power outlet and power ist never interrupted.
I am using quality third party ink and standard 80g/m2 paper.

Regards

jweke

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.