Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP DeskJet 2721e All-in-One Printer

Hello. I unplugged my printer to move location. When I plugged it back in all the lights are flashing and the display window is flashing E. 

I have done the obvious unplugging and holding the power button etc etc.... it's not responding 

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi @samanthavasilio,

Welcome to HP Support Community.

Thank you for posting your query, I will be glad to help you.

It sounds like your HP DeskJet 2721e is experiencing an error indicated by the flashing lights and the "E" on the display. The "E" typically indicates an error state on HP printers. Here are some steps you can try to resolve the issue.

• Restart the Printer: Unplug the power cord from the printer, wait for about 30 seconds, and then plug it back in. This can sometimes reset the printer and clear the error.
  • Check for Paper Jams: Open the printer cover and check for any paper jams or obstructions. Remove any paper jams carefully.
  • Inspect Ink Cartridges: Make sure the ink cartridges are properly installed and not empty. If needed, replace any empty cartridges.
  • Reset the Printer: Sometimes a reset can resolve issues. To reset the printer, disconnect the power cord from the rear of the printer while the printer is still turned on. Wait for about a minute, then plug the power cord back in.
  • Check for Firmware Updates: Visit the HP website and check if there are any firmware updates available for your printer model. Updating the firmware can sometimes resolve various issues.

I hope this helps.

Take care and have a good day.

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Alden4

HP Support 

I am an HP Employee.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.