Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP Officejet Pro 6830
macOS 10.13 High Sierra

Hi, I am trying to print Avery label 22825 (circular 2" labels).  I used Avery's Design and Print Online and have followed all of their tips and still they are not printing correctly.  The first row prints fine and all the subsequent rows progressively move further down the page so that by the bottom row fully half of the image is off the label.  I've changed all the settings to avery's recommendation, but nothing improves.  They recommend contacting the manufacturer if their suggestions don't help.  I'm at my wit's end.  Any advice?  Thanks in advance!

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@basketeer 

====================================================================

Welcome to the HP Community.

Be Aware:

Do not respond to individuals who include phone numbers or email addresses in public posts.

Do not respond to individuals who ask you to provide private information in a public Post.

These people might be scammers trying to steal your information / money.

====================================================================

Start...

If it's been awhile since you've cleaned / maintained the printer, the issue might simply be dirt, built-up ink, other odd quality issues.  Check / Fix these first.

No black ink, wrong colors, other print quality issues

Next...

Check / Adjust the paper type to accommodate your thicker paper.

The following is useful only to the extent that you can extrapolate what you need for your situation.

I don't have MacOS and cannot advise specific setup AND although I've used Avery Design and Print extensively, I've only ever used the downloaded / installed Windows version of the software (no longer available at Avery). 

Answer:

Change your media / paper type to Brochure, Label, Card - any "thicker paper" you can find in your print media for this paper size...

What else?

Other possible options...

Export the original Word document / template content to PDF

OR

Open the Online document in PDF to print

OR

If possible - and if you are already working in the Online PDF version of the file,

Download and save that formatted file.  (No idea whether this is even possible / likely / supported).

Then

Use the MacOS version of Adobe Reader DC to print the file.

Example - PDF - Print - Basics

Open saved PDF file in Adobe Reader DC

Click Print icon

Adjust the settings in the main menu

Open Properties and set Shortcut (Everyday Printing) and Paper Size = Letter (8.5" x 11")

Click OK to save change and leave the Properties menu

When ready, Click Print

Avery_22825_Sample_Label_PDF_Print_1Avery_22825_Sample_Label_PDF_Print_1

References / Resources

Avery Template 22825

Template Size "Letter" 8.5 x 11 inches

Template Margins

Top = .63"

Bottom = .57"

Left = .71"

Right = .31"

Media Size (facet)Letter; A4; Legal; B5
Media Sizes Custom (imperial)3 x 5 in to 8.5 x 14 in (Simplex), 3 x 5.5 in to 8.5 x 12.2 in (Auto Duplex)
Media Sizes Custom (metric)101.6 x 127 mm to 215 x 355 mm (Simplex),101.6 x 140 mm to 215 x 309 mm (Auto Duplex)
Media TypesPlain paper, HP Photo Papers, HP Matte Brochure or Professional Paper, HP Matte Presentation Paper, HP Glossy Brochure or Professional Paper, Other photo inkjet papers, Other matte inkjet papers, Other glossy inkjet papers, Thick plain paper
Media Weight Recommended (imperial)16 to 28 lb (plain paper); 60 to 75 lb (photo); 20 to 24 lb (envelope); 90 to 110 lb (card)
Media Weight Recommended (metric)60 to 105 g/m² (plain); 220 to 280 g/m² (photo); 75 to 90 g/m² (envelope); 163 to 200 g/m² (card)

Margins

Media
1. Left (LM)
2. Right (RM)
3. Top (TM)
4. Bottom (BM)*
U.S. Letter
U.S. Legal
A4
U.S. Statement
8.5 x 13 inch
Photo media
U.S. Executive
B5
A5
Cards
Custom-sized media
2.96 mm (0.12 inch)
2.96 mm (0.12 inch)
2.96 mm (0.12 inch)
2.96 mm (0.12 inch)
Envelopes
2.96 mm (0.12 inch)
2.96 mm (0.12 inch)
16.5 mm (0.65 inch)
16.5 mm (0.65 inch)

HP Printer Home Page - References and Resources – Learn about your Printer  - Solve Problems

“Things that are your printer”

NOTE:  Content depends on device type and Operating System

Categories:  Alerts, Access to the Print and Scan Doctor (Windows), Warranty Check, HP Drivers / Software / Firmware Updates, How-to Videos, Bulletins/Notices, Lots of How-to Documents, Troubleshooting, Manuals > User Guides, Product Information (Specifications), more

When the website support page opens, Select (as available) a Category > Topic > Subtopic

HP Officejet Pro 6830 e-All-in-One Printer series 

Thank you for participating in the HP Community.

The Community is a separate wing of the HP website - We are not an HP business group.

Our Community is comprised of volunteers - people who own and use HP devices.

Click Thumbs Up to say Thank You.

Question Resolved / Answered, Click "Accept as Solution"

Dragon-Fur

HP Recommended

Hi, thanks for your reply.  I cleaned the printer heads three times before even attempting to print, they're as clean as they're ever going to be, apparently.  Changing the paper isn't going to get me anywhere because, like I said, I haven't even gotten to the point of printing on the labels yet.  The problem is occurring in the test print.  The design template is on a website where you can design your labels and print from there., it gives you a PDF and you print from that.  I have downloaded the PDF it gives me, and I have tried printing directly from the PDF on their site neither gives me a different result. And your printer is obviously A LOT better than mine because I have nowhere near those kind of options on mine.  Thanks anyway.

HP Recommended

@basketeer 

You are welcome.

I suspect I've missed something.

The printer diagnostics must pass, of course, else the printer cannot do its best work.

You are using a Mac - this means that except for pointing you are more documents, I cannot help.

My print options are different because I use Windows - different animal.

Yes, the OfficeJet Pro 9025 is a nice printer.  Smiling.

For the moment, I'll have to bow out.

If I find anything that might help, I'll post back.

Hopefully, another Expert will jump in and help.

Thank you for participating in the HP Community.

The Community is a separate wing of the HP website - We are not an HP business group.

Our Community is comprised of volunteers - people who own and use HP devices.

Click Thumbs Up to say Thank You.

Question Resolved / Answered, Click "Accept as Solution"

Dragon-Fur

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.