cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
glantern99
3 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Black marks in Margin on 5x7

HP Recommended
HP Officejet 7612 Wide Format
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have the Officejet 7612 wide format printer printing with HP ink on HP Premium Plus 5x7 photo paper. Every time I print to this paper I get black marks on the top and bottom in roughly the same places. I've tried cleaning the rollers but the marks continue. They don't appear when I print on 11x17 or letter. Only on the 5x7 paper. What can I do to prevent this from happening? Thanks!IMG_3569.jpgIMG_3570.jpg

1 REPLY 1
sandytechy20
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
33,714 26,266 1,709 1,938
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@glantern99

Welcome to HP support community.

Print a Print Quality Diagnostic Page

1. Load plain white paper into the input tray.

2. On the printer control panel, touch the Right arrow (), and then touch Reports.

3. From the Reports menu, touch Print Quality Report. The test page prints.

Figure : Print Quality Diagnostic Page

4. Image: Print Quality Diagnostic Page.

If that does nor print fine, follow the steps mentioned in this HP document to fix this issue:- Click here

Update the printer firmware

Refer this HP document for the steps to update firmware:- Click here

Let me know how it goes.

To thank me for my efforts to help you, please mark my post as an accepted solution so that it benefits several others.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation