Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP DeskJet 1112 Printer

Hello everyone.

It's accepting the job but is printing out blank on everything. At one point it said it needed aligning but I'm not sure how I do that. Then when I tried to complete the alignment task it said that the printer was busy, so I'm not sure what to do. I did remove the cartridge while plugged up and unplugged for 60 seconds and turn back on and install and it is still not working. Help please, somebody anybody please help me.

Thanks,

Pastor Shemika

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi @Pastor_Shemika,

Welcome to HP Support Community.  

Thank you for posting your query, I will be glad to help you.

If your HP DeskJet 1112 printer is accepting print jobs but printing out blank pages, there are a few steps you can take to troubleshoot the issue. Let's go through the possible solutions.

• Check ink levels: Ensure that the ink cartridges in your printer have sufficient ink. If any of the cartridges are empty or low on ink, replace them with new ones.
  • Remove protective tape: If you recently installed new ink cartridges, make sure you removed the protective tape or seal covering the nozzles. Sometimes, forgetting to remove the tape can result in blank prints.
  • Clean the printheads: The printheads may be clogged, which can lead to poor print quality or blank pages. To clean the printheads, follow these steps.

a. Open the printer's control panel or settings menu. 

b. Locate the option for printhead cleaning or maintenance. 

c. Follow the on-screen instructions to initiate the cleaning process. 

d. After cleaning, try printing a test page to see if the issue is resolved.

• Align the printheads: If the printer prompted you to align the printheads, it's worth performing the alignment process. To align the printheads, follow these steps. 

a. Load plain white paper into the input tray. 

b. Open the printer's control panel or settings menu. 

c. Look for the printhead alignment option. 

d. Follow the on-screen instructions to align the printheads. 

e. Once the alignment is complete, try printing a test page to see if the issue is resolved.

• Update printer drivers: Outdated or incompatible printer drivers can sometimes cause printing issues. Visit the official HP website, search for your printer model, and download the latest drivers for your operating system. Install the updated drivers and check if it resolves the problem.
  • Check for hardware issues: If none of the above steps work, there may be a hardware problem with the printer.

I hope this helps. 

Take care and have a good day.

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Alden4
HP Support 

I am an HP Employee.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.