Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
ENVY 6055
macOS 10.13 High Sierra

My printer works fine.  My problem is that the blue light above the paper holder will never go off.  Is it supposed to stay on 24/7? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@MDFS, Welcome to the HP Support Community!

Yes, this is as per the design, you need not take any actions. This also indicates that the printer is connected wirelessly. The light stays ON if the printer is ON. For more info, refer to the document - Blinking Lights

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

14 REPLIES 14
HP Recommended

@MDFS, Welcome to the HP Support Community!

Yes, this is as per the design, you need not take any actions. This also indicates that the printer is connected wirelessly. The light stays ON if the printer is ON. For more info, refer to the document - Blinking Lights

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thanks! 

HP Recommended

It answered my question. 

HP Recommended

Can you please go back to the designer and have them redo this design? It’s really annoying and it means we can not put this in my child’s room. 

HP Recommended

This is a ridiculous design feature. It is wasteful of electricity for no good reason, and the room it's in is never dark. Who thought this was good design?

HP Recommended

I definitely understand this annoying problem!!   I have my printer in my bedroom in a cabinet and i still see this darn light. I just did some searching on my own and found something that may help you. Go into your hp smart app. Click the picture of your envy 6055 on top. Go down to preferences and you will see printer light displays. You can dim the light  but you cannot turn it off 🤬.  You may also find some other functions you may like to adjust. I hope this works for you. 😊 

HP Recommended

I realize that this light never goes off. Do you think that it might burn out one day? And if so, where would I get a replacement?

HP Recommended

I agree this is annoying.  I have the printer in a cabinet in my bedroom.  At night it lights up the room.  So i have to unplug it every night.  Why does this have to stay on?

HP Recommended

Online chat couldn't answer the question so I thank you!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.