Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended

This is freaky!!! I have a Photosmart Plus B209a that is suddenly not printing blue/cyan. When I do diagnostics , I get a blank where blue should be but the blue prints out on the ' test page' , the one with all the small squares of color. I have done diagnostics and test pages and printhead cleaning and cartridge alignment twice and the blue always prints on the test page and the alignment page, but never on the diagnostics report pages. Then it will print one decent photo and the next one is orange looking cause there's no blue. The date on the cyan cart is 2013 so it's not old and hasn't been in my printer that long. It's also an XL cart, and my ink levels show about 90% full.

Do we all have some defective carts or are our various printers all possessed?????????? 

HP Recommended

My Office Jet 7680 which would not print blue, miraculously has started printing blue.  Thanks for the responses. Sorry, I don't have a solution that would help someone else.

HP Recommended
I have a HP L7680 also and it has stopped printing black after replacing the black ink. Please HELP
HP Recommended

@irmaphilp wrote:
I have a HP L7680 also and it has stopped printing black after replacing the black ink. Please HELP

Hi, have you tried cleaning the printhead and calibrating the linefeed? More details here

Was the new cartridge installed properly? (did it snap into place ok?)

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c00840264

Hope this helps

Ciara

I am speaking for myself and not for HP. Twitter: @Ciara_B_27
HP Recommended

Thank you! This totally fixed the problem! :generic:

HP Recommended

I've tried to callibrate and do all the tools/alignment but my printer keeps in a loop.  Says my ink is low.  Then the popup also shows ink full..No solutions for me and my printer is not under warrenty so not sure what to do.  Nothing fixes the ink problem.  Sometimes get the error the black/yellow print head is bad, sometimes ok.  Any advise?

HP Recommended

I tried all of the above and still no yellow.

HP Recommended

replaced blue cartridge and cleaned print heads and still won't print blue

HP Recommended

same problem here, yellow ink stop printing yesterday. the printer is one monthly old. can any one help form HP. have tried all the stuff that hp says but no results.  model hp 7500a and soo disapointing from hp...with no solution

HP Recommended

amshiv,

I would recommend following the troubleshooting document that I have linked below.

Troubleshooting Print Quality Issues

If that still does not resolve your issue, then more than likely it is a hardware issue. You mentioned that is only one month old, so you are definitely still in your factory warranty period. You will want to contact HP at 1-800-474-6836 to have them send you a replacement for the hardware failure on your printer, most likely the print head (assuming the above document did not resolve your issue). They will probably have you go through a lot of the troubleshooting steps in that document, but all you need to do is let them know that you have already tried the steps. They may also have some additional steps for you to try that could also help to resolve your issue.

Best of luck!

-------------How do I give Kudos? | How do I mark a post as Solved? --------------------------------------------------------
Signature
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.