Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP LaserJet Pro CP1525nw Color Printer

Hello,

I am having an issue with one of our older CP1525nw printers. It is showing a "Firmware Corrupt Ready 2 Download" error. I have seen multiple posts about this, but the support technicians who have responded haven't made the information public.

Here is what I have tried to fix this issue:

1. I attempted to connect the printer to the computer using a USB printer port (USB002) but when I did this, the printer started to download the firmware but eventually got stuck at "Erasing."

2. I have tried plugging the printer into the wall instead of a surge protector, waited 60 seconds, and then turned it back on, but that didn't work.

3. I originally left the printer in a back room for a few weeks. Today I returned to it, and initially it was working. However, after attempting to update the firmware, it broke again.

I want to be able to do the following:

1. Factory reset the device without needing to use the control panel on the printer (because it is not communicating with the computer and is not responding to any button presses, which essentially means the printer is bricked).

2. Install the latest firmware correctly this time and without it breaking the printer.

I would really appreciate a response from an HP agent on this. If we need to make this into a private case, that works for me.

Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

You have done what you have to and the last thing you need to do is replacing the formatter.

Of course, before replacing you can try to NVRAM first, then try to bake it in the oven -> google in YouTube.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Hi @HudonM,

Welcome to the HP support community.

Thank you for posting your query, I will be glad to help you.  

Provide the printer model number or the product number for further assistance.

Here is the link to find the product number:- Click here

Alden4
HP Support 

I am an HP Employee.
HP Recommended

You have done what you have to and the last thing you need to do is replacing the formatter.

Of course, before replacing you can try to NVRAM first, then try to bake it in the oven -> google in YouTube.

HP Recommended

Hello Alden4,

The printer model number is the HP LaserJet Pro CP1525nw, as written in the post. The serial number is [personal information removed] 6, and the product number is CE875A.

Thank you!

HP Recommended

Hi @HudonM,

Thank you for your response, 

I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing issues with your HP CP1525nw printer. If you're seeing a message indicating that the firmware is corrupt and needs to be downloaded, there are a few steps you can take to try to resolve the issue.

• Restart your printer: Sometimes simply restarting your printer can fix minor issues.
  • Update the firmware: You can try to download and install the latest firmware for your printer from the HP website. Make sure to follow the instructions carefully and don't interrupt the firmware update process once it has started.
  • Reset the printer: You can try resetting your printer to its default settings. To do this, turn off the printer, disconnect the power cable, wait for a few minutes, then reconnect the power cable and turn on the printer. 

I hope this helps. 

Take care and have a good day.

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Alden4
HP Support

I am an HP Employee.
HP Recommended

Hello Alden4,

Unfortunately, I've already tried these steps, and none of them worked.

Thank you.

HP Recommended

Hello East2100,

Thank you for your reply. After additional research, your solution seems to be the one that makes the most sense. I was able to get another one of these printers that we had working, so at this point we are all set.

Thanks.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.