Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
GT 5810
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Is it possible to use pigment based ink for MOH50A printheads or I have to use onk dye based ink?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hello, @Ankan_

Thanks for the update! My bad, the colors are in fact dye-based ink.

I did check with few of the engineers here with your issue and all agree upon using the dye-based ink for colors as the print head is designed to accommodate the density of dye-based ink droplets.

Having said that, you can try to use the pigment-based ink. But please note that the usage of both refilled cartridges and the pigment-based ink is not recommended by HP. HP has not tested the same and you will have to do it at your own risk.

Hope that helps! 

Cheers 🙂

Please click "Accepted as Solution" on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below!

Please click "Accepted as Solution" on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below!

DVortex
I am not an HP Employee

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Hello, @Ankan_ – Greetings 🙂

Allow me to welcome to HP Support Forums! It is a great platform to get help from the community, get suggestions and find what has worked for others!

By design, the Deskjet GT 5810 printer uses pigment-based ink and not the dye-based ink. The GT black, cyan, yellow, and magenta ink bottles are all pigment based when compared to the normal dye-based inkjet printers.

You can check the ink cartridge specifications here: https://www.hp.com/in-en/shop/ink-toner.html

Let me know if that helps!

Good luck 🙂

DVortex
I am not an HP Employee
HP Recommended
Well thank you for welcoming me in this forum.
Website shows that cyan, yellow and magenta are dye based. Need more clarification about pigment based ink usage for these colors.
HP Recommended

Hello, @Ankan_

Thanks for the update! My bad, the colors are in fact dye-based ink.

I did check with few of the engineers here with your issue and all agree upon using the dye-based ink for colors as the print head is designed to accommodate the density of dye-based ink droplets.

Having said that, you can try to use the pigment-based ink. But please note that the usage of both refilled cartridges and the pigment-based ink is not recommended by HP. HP has not tested the same and you will have to do it at your own risk.

Hope that helps! 

Cheers 🙂

DVortex
I am not an HP Employee
HP Recommended
One more thing can I change that printhead, I mean does HP have any other printhead for this printer to accommodate pigment based ink? Or Somehow we can convert it from dye based type to pigment based type?
HP Recommended

Hello, @Ankan_

No, HP does not have any other print head for this machine which is designed to use the pigment-based ink.

Also, you will have to use the refilled cartridges to have the pigment-based ink. But like I mentioned in my previous post, this is not tested on this machine. You have to try it at your own risk.

Visit us again if you have any concerns!

DVortex
I am not an HP Employee
HP Recommended
Thank you 🙂
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.