Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
Photosmart B110a wireless
Microsoft Windows 7 (32-bit)

When I try to print using ePrint I get a message saying printer cannot connect to server.  I have tried hp connect for a solution but get the same error when I try to register my device!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hello Aardvark,

Thank you once again for your very prompt reply, I have done as you  suggested and everything is running hunky dory now. I couldn't have done it without you!

Many Thanks,

Toni

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

Hello @Tonislegs

Welcome to the HP Support Forums. I understand that you are getting a Server Connection error when trying to use your printers Web Services. I would like to help. 

Try going through the troubleshooting steps provided in this post by E-roq. Pro Tips: Troubleshooting ePrint and Scan to Email Issues in e-All-in-One Printers

If you are still having problems connecting to the servers, let me know. Let me know if those steps worked for you. If they did, that’s awesome! Give us some reinforcement by hitting the solution and kudos buttons, that’ll help us and others see that we’ve got the answers!

Aardvark1
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" on the right to say “Thanks” for helping!
HP Recommended

Hello Aardvark,

Thank you so much for your help, I followed your instructions from the beginning and eventually set a manual DNS.  This immediately gave me my printer claim number and after entering it I was able to use ePrint (Sort of).  It works properly if I use the AiO Remote, but I am still unable to use email in ePrint.  When I open ePrint it opens with Pictures and I am able to print them ok, but when I click on to the email section I get a box asking me to add my account.  I have tried filling in the box but I do not know what to put in for the Hostname, I have tried the Hostname in the network configuration page but that doesn't work.  I have tried using my own email address and my ePrint address but the end result is the same.  No matter how I fill in this box all I get is "Verification Error we found an error would you like to try again".  Hope you can help.

Best Regards,

Toni

HP Recommended

Hi Toni. 

Think I got this part figured out. You are having a problem adding an email to the HP ePrint app. 

This email would be your actual email and not the printers ePrint address. 

The Hostname is dependent on your email provider. 

For example an @gmail.com would probably have the Hostname pop.gmail.com 

For privacy reasons please don't post your full email.

If you post the @whatever or send it to me via a private message I can get you the appropriate information for adding your email to the app. 

Aardvark1
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
HP Recommended

Hello Aardvark,

As you will no doubt have guessed I am something of a novice at this, so thank you once again for your help.  The info you require is   @outlook.com

Many Thanks,

Toni

HP Recommended

You are most welcome Toni. 

I have taken the following information from: Set up an email app with Outlook.com

You may have noticed when trying to add an email you have the option of IMAP or POP

If you select IMAP: 

Label the email what you wish it to be called (in case of multiple emails)

Then you will need to type your email address.

Next is the password to log into that email. 

The Hostname is: imap-mail.outlook.com

Port: 993

SSL needs to be on

If you select POP:

Hostname (server): pop-mail.outlook.com

Port: 995

SSL needs to be on/enabled 

If it gives you any trouble, let me know.

Aardvark1
I work on behalf of HP

HP Recommended

Hello Aardvark,

Thank you once again for your very prompt reply, I have done as you  suggested and everything is running hunky dory now. I couldn't have done it without you!

Many Thanks,

Toni

HP Recommended

Awesome! glad to hear 🙂 

Aardvark1
I work on behalf of HP

HP Recommended

when trying to set up ePrint I receive a message tha the printer was un able to connect to the server.   How do I turn it back on?  It was on once.  What is Set web proxy

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.