Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended

I just had the same problem. I chatted with the Virtual Assistant. I plugged in the USB port of the HP printer to my Mac OS. Make sure the printer is turned on. The virtual assistant sent me the messages below. I installed 2 applications. HP Easy Start something and something else from HP. Hope it helps!

Install the HP printer software or verify your install

If you have not set up your printer (unboxed it, turned it on, installed ink, loaded paper, etc.) and need help doing so, click I need to unpack and set up my printer from the choices below before proceeding with the software installation.

For best results, install the HP software on a Windows or macOS computer or on an Android or iOS mobile device when you set up your printer for the first time. Installing the HP software will help you connect the printer to the network or with a USB cable.

Tip: To access your printer’s full functionality, you must install the HP printer software on every computer or device that you want to print from. For Android devices, you will need the HP Print Service Plugin (version 1.0.48 or later) installed to print from your device.

If you have not tried to install the HP printer software:

1. For wireless connections, verify the following:
    • Your computer or mobile device is wirelessly connected to the same wireless network that you want to connect the printer to.
    • If you are using a mobile device, make sure that Bluetooth is enabled on your phone or tablet.
  2. Put the printer in setup mode. This is particularly important if some time has passed since you set up the printer hardware.
    • If your printer has a touchscreen control panel:
      1. On the printer control panel display, touch 

(Home) to return to the Home screen, and then touch 

(Wireless icon).
      2. Touch 

(Setup or Settings icon).
      3. Touch Network Setup, if given that option, and then touch Restore Network Defaults or Restore Network Settings. Touch Yes to confirm your selection.
    • If your printer does not have a touchscreen control panel:
      On the printer, press and hold 

(Wi-Fi) and 

(Cancel) simultaneously for at least 5 seconds to put the printer into setup mode. For HP Tango printers, press and hold 

(Wi-Fi button) on the back of the printer for at least 5 seconds to put the printer into setup mode.
  3. Go to 123.hp.com.
  4. For Windows and macOS, begin typing your printer model name in the Search box, and then choose the printer series that corresponds with the model name when it appears in the list.
    For example, HP Deskjet 3755 All-in-One printer is a part of the HP Deskjet 3700 All-in-One Printer series.
    Depending on your operating system, you may be guided to install HP Smart from an app store, or you may be asked to download and run HP Easy Start, which will help you install the appropriate HP software version for your computer.
    Note: If your HP printer does not appear in the list, click the My device is not listed link.
  5. For Android and iOS, you will be directed to download HP Smart from the app store.
  6. Follow the onscreen instructions to complete software setup.

If you tried installing the HP printer software, but you’re not sure it’s installed:

1. Check your computer or mobile device for the software:
    • Windows 10: Click the Windows icon and look for the HP Smart app in the list of installed applications.
    • Windows 7, 8: Click the Windows icon and look for a folder labeled HP. You should see an icon for your printer model name in this folder.
    • macOS, iOS, and Android: Look for HP Smart in your list of installed apps.
      Note: If you are using an Android device, you will also need to download the HP Print Service Plugin (version 1.0.48 or later) from the Play store in order to print.
  2. Make sure the printer is on, and then open HP Smart or the HP software installed for your printer model.
    Important: If you are using a USB connection, do not connect the USB cable to your computer until prompted.
    • HP Smart: If you do not see your printer model at the top of the screen, click or tap the 

icon to add your printer. Follow the onscreen instructions.
    • HP software: If you see a Device Setup & Software screen, you need to connect your printer to your computer. Click Connect a new device, and then choose your connection type. If your computer can’t find your printer, then it is not on the network. Continue to the next step.

If setup was successful, the printer should be connected and ready to use. However, if you installed the HP software but the printer is still not connected, choose the appropriate choice below for wireless or USB troubleshooting.

HP Recommended

Same problem. 2 users here with different Macs and different HP printers. Getting "One or more components of the HP printing software corrupted or missing etc etc". Can't check / update software "The software update service is currently not available…"

Virtual Agent service is no help as there is not a 'real' agent at the other end.

HP Recommended

Similar topic here https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Printer-Setup-Software-Drivers/HP-Utility-fails-with-Code-Signature-In...

User KT44 posted this:

"The original 5.1 driver pack was released on Oct 24, 2017, exactly 3 years ago. (https://support.apple.com/kb/dl1888?locale=en_US). Maybe the certificate is outdated... ?"

Could this be the problem?

HP Recommended

I've done all that the Virtual assistant says, using the program HP Esay Start. My printer doesn't appear at the list and finally it redirects me to a web and says it's ready to print.

But, magically, nothing has changed. When I print anything the printer queue says "One or more components of the HP printing software are corrupted or missing. The print job cannot be completed. To fix this situation, HP recommends reinstalling the print driver software".

I installed them some weeks ago and it already said that the certificate was outdated but it worked perfectly. The error appeared today after reinstalling them. 

HP Recommended

After reading your comment, I tried the generic thing (it's just a box to check on mine), but it didn't do any good. Same error message.

HP Recommended

Same issue here! Help HP!!

HP Recommended

Thank you for your input, but I have no doubt everyone has read that on the site and tried it before becoming frustrated enough to resort to posting here. I've read through the comments and this problem seems to have hit us all at the same time, which is strange, to say the least. I have tried literally everything to no avail. I believe this problem extends beyond our abilities as users to fix. It seems as though it's something that HP is going to have to develop some kind of patch to fix, but of course I don't know that for sure. All I know is I need to print right f'ing now and if this isn't solved promptly, as in today, I'm going to have to buy a new printer. Maybe that's what this is all about. Hmmmmmmm....

HP Recommended

So "happy" not to be the only one that thought about buying a new printer as a solution... :S

Hope we don't need that.

HP Recommended

Also running Catalina on my MacBook.  I used my printer Monday morning and now I'm receiving the same error message. 

HP Recommended

Same problem. Printer HP Deskjet F2280. Yesterday everything was fine.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.