Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended

I tried this. There is no expired HP certificate, and no digicert. The airprint trick won't work for me because I have an old 2004 printer and a 2016 (or so) mac. It's old school USB all the way for me!

HP Recommended

Generic PCL should work, but many print features may be missing.

HP Recommended

Unfortunately the Keychain approach didn’t work for me either. I’m just relying on using the Generic driver to print in B&W.  Makes a mockery of HP’s Sustainable Impact policy aspirations if failure to fix a simple software limitation can turn perfectly workable printers redundant overnight.

Time time for HP to actually mean “...all companies must continue to find new ways to lead with purpose and positively impact the planet, people and communities they serve”. CEO Enrique Lores. 2019 Sustainable Impact Report

HP Recommended
HP Recommended

I just got an HP update notification on my Mac!

HP Recommended

Aha! So we have to wait it out... also, I just got a notification on my Mac for an HP software update, went to go update it and it says computer up to date so let me restart and see if it works!

HP Recommended

The HP software update that my Mac pushed out tonight did not fix the problem. I deleted the printer from my preferences, did the software update, restarted computer, added it to preferences.... Still same errors will not print....... ??? 

HP Recommended

I re-downloaded HPPrinterDrivers5.1dmg and yes, it warned me the certificate had expired. I downloaded anyway, but it did not solve the problem (same as others in this post).

I don't really understand the certificates so maybe someone can chime in on whether that issue could cause this problem.

HP Recommended

When applicable for your printer model, please try a network connection instead of USB and try adding the printer as AirPrint.

Shlomi

Click the Yes button to reply that the response was helpful or to say thanks.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂
HP Recommended

Just in case anyone missed it, the issue is being widely reported on IT news sites and Twitter: for example, https://www.theregister.com/2020/10/23/hp_printer_macos/ 

HP have said:

"We unintentionally revoked credentials on some older versions of Mac drivers. This caused a temporary disruption for those customers and we are working with Apple to restore the drivers. In the meantime, we recommend users experiencing this problem to uninstall the HP driver and use the native AirPrint driver to print to their printer."

Hopefully this means a comprehensive fix is imminent. Airport is not a workaround for those of us with USB-only printers!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.