Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended

After days trying to sort this out, I noticed HP had updated the driver for my PSC 1410 which was working fine until Friday last week.

Downloaded and installed the driver and noticed I did not get the warning about out of date certificate - good!

However, when I try to print, the print queue now sticks on "Printing - waiting for printer to become available"

It still won't print. Anybody else having this or got a tip to fix it please?

HP product support is awful. They should be on these forums to see the problems and inform of the solutions. Turning off a lot of loyal customers.  

HP Recommended

HP Put up a new driver for my C5280 yesterday. Problems solved.

HP Recommended

Did you try deleting the printer and adding it again?

HP Recommended

Did you try deleting the printer and adding it again?

HP Recommended

I still can't print on my PSC1410 that was fine until last Friday. On Mac with Catalina. 

I've removed drivers many times now. Updated with new driver from HP today with new certificate. That got over the expired certificate problem but left with a new problem.

Restarted many times, unplugged all cables etc.

Still getting "Printing - Waiting for printer to become available"

Funny thing is I tried the scanner on the PSC and the scanner works fine.  Anyone else encountered and solved this?

HP Recommended

To Midlands 1972: i had exactly the same experience. Today I downloaded the new drivers from HP website but i got the very same message after installing them. The scan was working, i could print the test page of the printer but i couldn't print anything sent by my computer. The message was the same as yours. I read somewhere in this threat a solution that worked for me: download the app HP Easy Start. When you open it, click on the top menu "HP Easy Start" that is on the side of the apple and click from the items bellow "uninstall HP software". This will erase all HP software in your computer. I emptied the bin and restart the computer. After that downloaded again the new drivers from HP website, installed them, restarted the computer and after that my printer worked perfectly again. Hope this help.

HP Recommended

Same thing happened to me. Here’s how to fix it: Open HP Easy Start and then click on “Easy Start” up in the top left corner of your screen, beside the apple. From the drop down menu, click on “Uninstall HP Software”. Go through the uninstall process. Empty trash Can. Restart. Now go to the HP site and re-download the software/drivers for your printer. Restart. Your printer should now work fine.

HP Recommended

I've downloaded Easy Start but on install it recognises which printer I have but says 

"We were not able to automatically locate any software options for this product. Please go to the HP website and search for product solutions there".

My PSC1410 is from 2004 - so maybe one of the old ones getting left behind. Never again HP.

Because I can't download anything, there is also no option coming up on the top left menu to delete all HP software.

HP Recommended

I have same experience. Cannot get to a live person at hp to speak with.

Mac got rid of the message but could not get printer to speak to computer.

I did all the diagnostics and nothing works.

How long will this take to fix?

HP Recommended

Anyone else know of printers that work with Mac?

I'm so done with hp and this problem.

Mac says hp updated their programs with something not compatible.

If i didn't need a printer I wouldn't care about waiting, but I need this for my business.

Frustrated beyond compare!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.