Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
Envy 7855
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I use Windows 10 with Parallels on a MacBook Pro. I try without success to print #10 envelopes in Word for Windows (Office 365). I get the "paper size mismatch" error.

Oddly enough, I can print those same envelopes in Word for Mac. Same laptop, same printer, same file stored in my OneDrive. 

I've read an HP article on this problem and tried every suggestion, including resetting the printer (pull the power cord, wait 60 seconds, plug back in, and try printing again--no joy). The print dialog shows that I'm printing #10 envelopes--not U.S. Letter--but all I get is the paper size mismatch. So I switch back to Word for Mac and print happily. Surely I'm missing something, but I can't see what it is. I'll appreciate any suggestions.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Finally figured it out for myself. I had to adjust the paper settings on the physical printer. I tapped the touchscreen and changed the paper setting from U.S. letter to #10 envelope. Problem solved.

What I don't understand is why I have to take this step when printing an envelope in Word for Windows, but not in Word for the Mac. Seems odd to me, but at least now I know what to do.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.