Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP OfficeJet Pro 8025
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Up until recently, my HP OfficeJet Pro 8025 has been working like a dream. This morning, however, I tried to scan a document by loading it into the document feeder and selecting, on the printer's front panel, Scan > Computer > [Computer Name], then selecting "Save as PDF" as the default "Scan Shortcut," and selecting "Send." I have done this dozens of times in the past with no problem. Today, however, the printer scanned the document (it accepted it through the document feeder, no problems there), made all the usual/normal sounds, I got the usual message on the front panel, "The file has been sent to [Computer Name]. Check the computer for more information." But, File Explorer did not open to my scanned documents folder, and the file was not, in fact, scanned to my computer.

I can still print from my computer to the printer, and I can also use the scanning applications on my computer to scan from the printer. However, none of the scanning options on the printer's front panel are working.

I have twice uninstalled all HP applications on my computer, including the printer's drivers, and reinstalled them to see if that would work. I also did a Cold Reset of the printer before reinstalling the HP applications and drivers the second time. None of this helped.

I'm at my wit's end, so any help would be greatly appreciated. Feel free to reach out if any additional information is required. Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended
2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hi @buckaroo54,

I'd like to help!

As you have most of the steps let's try a reset on the printer and see if that helps.

• The reset instructions are specific for your printer and performing those steps on a different printer may corrupt the device.
  • I've sent you a private message with reset instructions, follow the reset instruction to perform a full reset and re-initialize the printer.
  • In order to access your private messages, click the private message icon on the upper right corner of your HP Forums profile, next to your profile Name or simply click on this link: https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/notes/privatenotespage

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

And, Welcome to the HP Support Community. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping

HP Recommended
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.