Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
SAMSUNG ML-2165
Other

Hi there, I would like to request some help in order to be able to print with my Samsung printer. I have tried these steps, found here : 

https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Printing-Errors-or-Lights-Stuck-Print-Jobs/Printing-Pdf-error-quot-Sto... 

✔️Click the Apple menu icon, and then click “System Preferences”.

✔️Click “Printers and Scanner” / “Print and Scan” or “Print and Fax”.

✔️Right-click the blank space in the Printers list, and then click “Reset printing system”.

✔️Click “Reset” in the confirmation window.

✔️Enter an administrator username and password, and then click “OK”.

✔️Wait until the printing system is reset and no devices show in the Printers list

✔️Restart your computer and then go back to System preferences – Printers and scanners.

✔️Click the “Add button” (+).

✔️Find, and then select the name of your printer from the printer list, and then click “Add” to add your printer.

✔️Click “Print Using...”, and then select the name of your printer (By default “Airprint” would be selected)

When I reboot and re-add the printer, it still says the message FILTER FAILED message.

Capture d’écran, le 2022-01-20 à 12.08.18.png

Thank you, here are some specs : 

1. SAMSUNG ML-2165
2. OS : MAC OS 12.1 MONTEREY
3. Error message : It just says filter failed in the printer task list.
4. Any changes made to your system before the issue occurred : I got a new MacBook Pro and I can't find a way to print with it.

Note : I can print with my PC Desktop just fine.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

I did exactly as normal, but instead I manually chose the driver Samsung M2060 from the list, and its printing on my Samsung ML-2165 as normal.

Leaving it here for anyone who has that problem, here is a workaround.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hi,

Officially, the printer is not supported on any version later than OS X 10.13, but we may try some steps and see if that help:

Let's make sure that AirPrint is correctly set and enabled for your printer first, as well as any other required setting as listed below:

https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c05587132

If there is still no difference, I would also suggest trying to update the printer firmware through your Windows PC and then check for any difference:

https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softlib/software13/printers/SS/ML-2160/ML2165_V1.01.02.03.zip

If the same persists, you may also try resetting the printing system and check again:

*Be aware that resetting the printer system will remove any existing print queue and reset any customized driver settings.

Click the Apple menu, and then click System Preferences .
Select Printers & Scanners.
Right-click (or Ctrl + click) your product in the Printers list in the left panel, and then click Reset printing system .
Click OK to confirm the reset.
Type your user Name and Password .
Click OK . The printing system resets.

Now check for any difference and see if that may allow printing to the printer from your Mac.

Shlomi

Click the Yes button to reply that the response was helpful or to say thanks.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂
HP Recommended

This model does not support AirPrint, it's USB only.

Nothing new after I downloaded and updated the firmware via my PC.

As I said, I already did reset the printing system, to no avail.

So there is nothing to do then?

HP Recommended

I did exactly as normal, but instead I manually chose the driver Samsung M2060 from the list, and its printing on my Samsung ML-2165 as normal.

Leaving it here for anyone who has that problem, here is a workaround.

HP Recommended

Hi. I have the same problem I have mac os Monterey version 12.1 on my MacBook. I have not been able to install the ml-2165 printer and cannot use the printer. Can you give the link to which driver you downloaded? And what steps do I need to follow? I really need help. Thank you.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.