cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents and videos on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents and videos on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
BMIYA
2 1 0 1
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

Cartridge memory error on Magenta

HP Recommended

I replaced my Magenta cartridge a few months ago and everything was fine. I just replaced my yellow cartridge and now I receive the cartridge memory error on Magenta and nothing will print. Any solutions other than buying another brand new Magenta cartridge.

3 REPLIES 3
tonerspills
Level 7
686 346 55 121
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

What model printer is it?

Are they HP original toners?

Are you able or have you tried updating the firmware of the printer?

Take all the cartridges out and restart the printer and install the cartridges when it asks for them.

I am not a HP employee. I am a service tech on these forums researching topics and offering my best guess to aide in your troubleshooting.
Was this reply helpful? Yes No
BMIYA
Author
2 1 0 1
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

The printer is a HP CP1215.

They are not HP toners but Brisine toners.

I have not updated the firmware.

I tried removing all the cartridges and replacing them as requested and now both the magenta and yellow lights are flashing.

Thanks for your response Tonerspills.

tonerspills
Level 7
686 346 55 121
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I would contact them directly for warranty replacements. If you can get the printer back to a ready state and push the latest firmware, that could help. With off brand toners, there can be issues due to the toner tag chips they use.

It's always best to go with HP OEM toners. Keep messing with them, and the toner chips might overwrite and work at some point.

Edit- this printer still has a cartridge out override feature, if you can still get the tool box to work- page 51 of the user guide.

CP1215UserGuide 

I am not a HP employee. I am a service tech on these forums researching topics and offering my best guess to aide in your troubleshooting.
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation