Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP DeskJet 2655ample: Pavilion 65XX
IOS 12 - 12.0.1

I have a wireless connection. Is it possible to download a HP DeskJet 2655 Printer driver to an Apple iPad? The updated operating system was not shown. It is IOS 12 - 12.3.1. Thanks 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@Lucy63, Welcome to HP Support Community!

You do not have to download drivers to print from iPad. 

Print using the AirPrint feature on your iOS device. Apple AirPrint is a built-in wireless printing solution for Apple mobile devices. You can print from most iOS apps that have a print feature.

Refer to this document HP Printers - Printing from an iPhone, iPad, or iPod Touch for help.

Alternatively, you can also use HP Smart App to print. Refer to this document HP Printers - Using the HP Smart App (Android, Apple iOS) for help.

Let me know if this helps.

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

@Lucy63, Welcome to HP Support Community!

You do not have to download drivers to print from iPad. 

Print using the AirPrint feature on your iOS device. Apple AirPrint is a built-in wireless printing solution for Apple mobile devices. You can print from most iOS apps that have a print feature.

Refer to this document HP Printers - Printing from an iPhone, iPad, or iPod Touch for help.

Alternatively, you can also use HP Smart App to print. Refer to this document HP Printers - Using the HP Smart App (Android, Apple iOS) for help.

Let me know if this helps.

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thanks for your help!

HP Recommended

Thanks so much for your help. I surely do wish there had been a way for me to get to you before I e-mailed the Company CEO and told him I had bought many HP products but I would never again buy one because I got 0 help and could never reach a live person. We are working this out at this time. Again you have my thanks. 

HP Recommended

@Lucy63

Glad to know it helped 🙂

Do get back to us in the future for any further assistance.

Thanks 🙂

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.