Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP DeskJet Ink Advantage 2676 All-in-One Printer
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Recently, I have been encountering the E2 error. I have tried as much troubleshooting problems as I can, but it won't budge. I might have to admit I have been reckless with my printer recently, and i have also read that recklessness can also cause it.  I'm looking for as much methods as possible until this problem is fixed. Fearing for the worst that I might need to replace the entire thing.

Here are a few facts,

My ink cartridges are almost empty, but it still has some charge.

It's showing signs that the printer itself is dirty, I have done the cleaning but to no avail.

I hope this can be resolved soon, as I need this printer for personal use.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hello, 

E2 error indicates that the paper size setting does not match the paper size that is loaded. Try the below steps and use the URL to access troubleshooting document which has images that should be of great help.

URL: https://support.hp.com/us-en/product/hp-deskjet-ink-advantage-2600-all-in-one-printer-series/1231983... 

1. Remove any paper from the input tray.
  2. Slide the paper width guide as far as possible to the left.
  3. Load a stack of the correct paper size into the input tray.
  4. Slide the paper width guide to the right until it rests against the edge of the paper.
  5. Lower the output tray, and then pull out the output tray extender.
  • Check the paper size and source settings for your print job in Windows.
  • In the program you are trying to print from, click File, and then click Print.
  • Make sure your printer is selected, and then open the Properties dialog box.
  • Depending on the software program, the button might be Properties, Options, Printer Setup, Printer, or Preferences.
  • For most HP printers, click the Paper/Quality tab, and then continue with these steps.
  • Click Paper Source, and then confirm the correct paper tray is selected.
  • Click Advanced, and then click the Paper Size drop-down.
  • Make sure the paper size matches the type of paper loaded into the printer. Click OK.

Regards,
Jabzi

Give Kudos to say "thanks" by clicking on the "thumps Up icon" .

Click "Accept as Solution" if it solved your problem, so others can find it.
Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.