Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended

I'm afraid that the best solution that HP technical support could offer was for me to convert my word documents to pdfs in order to print.

I find this totally un - acceptable.  I am not happy with this product and would suggest that people really consider if they want all the hassle before they buy  a HP printer. I  I WILL NEVER BUY HP AGAIN.

PS. I

HP Recommended

ps. i tried the suggested solution of  compressing the picture within the word document. Unfortunately this doesn't work for me !  

Has anyone out there found any other solutions?

HP Recommended

What a pain this is!  all the standard 'uninstall, reinstall, update drivers, replace your own head ;)' do not work and just serve to annoy.  I agree that making sure you have the most up to date driver is always worth trying but not the rest of the crap, including reinstall Word/contact microsoft, reinstall windows! etc.   What I did try was to insert the particular item on a new blank page in several different formats (gif jpg bmp) and make it as small as acceptably possible before pasting in. Very random results - 1st and last same, one in between ok, change the order/format and position not type seems important - but I am using 2003 so who knows what yours might do.  Also tried changing layout eg to 'tight' but not convinced that one made any difference, wasted lots of time on paper on this - until the compress option worked I was having to print this on another printer (headed invoices so not a one off).

HP Recommended

I got it to work and print my whole picture by saving the document as a .docx file rather than having it saved as 97-03 .doc.

HP Recommended

Oh my, why did I not think of trying that!  come to that why on earth didn't microsoft and HP suggest it????!!!!!!

Thankyou!

HP Recommended
Not really sure what made me think of trying it but it was making me mad this morning so I was like let's see what this is saved as... And bam it worked! Hopefully that fixes anyone else's issues with it too
HP Recommended

Try this:  In Word, click on the photo to select it, from the menu select "Format", then select "Compress Picture" off the tool bar menu.  I took the defaults and did not change any compress settings.  This resolved my problem of photos being cut off when printing in Word.    If you want to test this and not waste paper, print to a pdf file - the pdf file will show if the photo is cut off or not.  FINALLY figured this out, this problem drove me batty!

HP Recommended

B*** H*ll! Yaay!  finally a real solution - up to now I tried convert to docx (but it only works 1st time or not at all) or convert to pdf.  For me the problem image is my logo at the top of invoices etc, so now it is in the one I use as a template..... fingers crossed!

HP Recommended

WOW.....I received this notification, yet, doesn't look like I posted. Sounds like the same problem I was having.....a WORD document with images being cut off during printing. I resorted to "save as" PDF which worked. But that I shouldn't have to "save as" PDF if I want to leave it as a WORD doc. 

I noticed Solent "formatted" the pictures. I took a look at "format". I didn't see "compress picture" option but I picked a picture border and then printed (still a WORD doc) and it printed the whole page, fully, of my images.  I've only tried this one, so far, so I will see what the next one prints. 

I noticed someone mentioned docx extension, which I've heard of. The documents having the problems, I will check the WORD extension. Maybe that might have been the problem also. 

But, for now....adding the border from "Format" looks like possibly cured my problem with Images printing on a WORD document. 

THANK YOU BVWM!  Much appreciated!

HP Recommended

Select the graphic, then Copy - Paste Special, and select "Picture" format option.  I've written a more detailed reply below.   

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.