Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
Envy 5546
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

How do I change the paper size to Custom Size or User Defined.  There does not appear to be an option to do this.  I have been able to do this with all my previous printers!  I have a programme to print specific size calendars etc, but am unable to use it?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Thank you for trying to help.  I have not yet watched the video in HP Support, but I will.  

Once again, thanks for trying to help!

View solution in original post

32 REPLIES 32
HP Recommended

This document is for HP inkjet printers introduced after February 2013.
You can print to non-standard paper sizes with many types of HP home and small office printers.

Print to any size paper within the minimum and maximum printing dimensions your printer supports.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please mark the post that solves your issue as "Accept as Solution".
I am a volunteer and do not work for HP.
HP Recommended

Thank you for trying to help.  Have already tried this.  This option does not appear either and DOES NOT WORK .  Most printers have an option to User Define paper in the settings, but NOT the Envy 5546.  WHY? 

HP Recommended

You would have to pose that question to HP support,  http://support.hp.com/us-en/contact-hp

Is the size within the printer specs?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HP Recommended

None of the paper sizes they offer fit the size required, hence the reason ALL other printers offer a User Defined option!  But the Envy 5546 does not offer this option?

HP Recommended

What is the size of your paper?

HP Recommended

There are two User Defined sizes I mostly use.  11.8cm x13.8cm (fits into a CD case, and 10.5cm X 29.5cm (which is half the size of an A4 sheet).  WHY have HP dropped the User Defined Option?

HP Recommended

5540.JPG

I have no problems creating those two sizes.

HP Recommended

Thank you for your reply.  Where did you find that size, because it is not in the list of options on the 5546?  I wish it were!  And there is no option to create  a User Defined size.  I look forward to your answer.

HP Recommended

I just followed the steps in "HP Printers - Creating Custom Paper Sizes" link.

Then selected it in the Paper/Quality > Advanced of the Printing Preferences of the printer.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.