Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP OfficeJet 8017
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello, the printer won't work, displays the error code 0XB830C4DC. Just before switching to this display, it showed a short message something about ink. We trialled switching it off and back on again, running a diagnosis. Also, trialled replacing the ink, however, the ink tray is stuck on the right-hand side and won't move. Does anyone familiar with this error code and what could possibly be done? Printer is just over a year old. Thanks a lot in advance.

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@Oliater, Welcome to the HP Support Community! I’m here to help.

I understand you are not able to use the printer due to this error. Perform the steps mentioned in this document - Carriage jam or E3 error

Make sure there are no paper jams inside the printer, refer to - Paper jam error or this document. 

If the error persists, I'm afraid this is a hardware failure. Please reach out to the HP Technical Support team in your region regarding the service/replacement options for your printer. 

You may create a case on the website to obtain a case number if required. Kindly watch this video to know how.

Keep me posted for any other assistance.

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click on the YES button to reply that the response was helpful and/or to say “Thank You”.

Have a great day! 

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi, thanks for your time. However, this didn't resolve the issue as no jams or anything were present. I'll contact technical support. thanks anyway

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.