Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP OfficeJet Pro 9135e All-in-One Printer

Why is this HP9135Pro constantly loosing is wifi connection?  Never had this problem before with my old HP printer.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi @fab4u2,

Thank you for your response, 

Is there anything else that I can help you with today?

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Take care and have a great day ahead!

Alden4

HP Support 

I am an HP Employee.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi @fab4u2,

Welcome to HP Support Community.

Thank you for posting your query, I will be glad to help you.

Wi-Fi connectivity issues can be frustrating, but there are several common reasons why your HP Officejet Pro 9135e might be losing its Wi-Fi connection.

• Signal Interference: If there are other electronic devices nearby that emit signals on the same frequency as your Wi-Fi network, it can cause interference and disrupt the connection.
  • Distance from Router: The printer might be too far away from the Wi-Fi router, resulting in a weak signal. Moving the printer closer to the router or installing a Wi-Fi range extender could help.
  • Router Configuration: Sometimes, router settings can affect device connectivity. Ensure that your router firmware is up to date and check for any settings that might be causing conflicts.
  • Network Congestion: If there are too many devices connected to your Wi-Fi network at the same time, it could lead to congestion and result in dropped connections.
  • Printer Firmware: Check if there are any firmware updates available for your printer. Sometimes, firmware updates include fixes for connectivity issues.
  • Power Saving Settings: Some printers have power-saving features that may turn off Wi-Fi to conserve energy. Check the printer settings to see if there's an option related to Wi-Fi power management.
  • Network Security Settings: Ensure that your Wi-Fi network security settings (such as WPA2) are configured correctly and that the printer is using the correct network password.
  • Printer Placement: Avoid placing the printer in areas with poor ventilation or near large metal objects, as these can interfere with Wi-Fi signals.
  • Hardware Issues: In rare cases, there may be hardware issues with the printer's Wi-Fi module. 

By troubleshooting these potential causes, you should be able to identify and resolve the issue with your printer's Wi-Fi connectivity.

I hope this helps.

Take care and have a good day.

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Alden4

HP Support 

I am an HP Employee.
HP Recommended

Thanks for the information provided.  But I am not sure that is the problem as my printer sits about 3-1/2 feet away from the router.  Right now it seems to be communicating with the router as things are printing.  But there will be days when it doesn't print at all because it says there is no wifi connection.  I never had this problem with my old wifi connecteed HP printer - not once did it loose it's wifi connection.  But these new models seem to loose those connections frequently.  

HP Recommended

Hi @fab4u2,

Thank you for your response, 

Is there anything else that I can help you with today?

Take care and have a great day ahead!

Alden4

HP Support 

I am an HP Employee.
HP Recommended

Here I am once again having issues with the wireless connectivity of the HP9135Pro printer.  This printer  sits about 3-1/2 feet away from the router.  This is just riduclous how many times this printer looses connection.  I never had one connection issue with my last HP printer I had.  It is very frustrating, especially when you are trying to print something.  

I have turned the printer off, the router off, left them off for a couple minutes, then turned all back on and still nothing.

HP Recommended

Hi @fab4u2,

Welcome to the HP Support Community.

Thank you for posting your query, I will be glad to help you.

I see that you are facing an issue with your printer that gets disconnected from the network intermittently.

A) Please follow the steps below to perform a power drain.

1) Take out the cartridges

2) Unplug the power cord from the printer & wall.

3) Press and hold the power button down for 15 seconds and release the power button, wait for about 30 seconds.

4) Plug the power cord back into the printer and wall, ensure the printer is plugged into the wall & not into a surge protector.

5) Insert the cartridges back into the printer.

Remove the cartridges > Unplug the power cord > Wait for 30 seconds > Plug the power cord back in > Insert the cartridges

B) Kindly refer to the steps on this link to update the printer firmware.

C) Please follow the steps below to connect your printer to the network again and let me know if that resolves the issue.

1) Uninstall the HP smart app by click on this link, Restart the computer or mobile device to clear possible error conditions.

2) Enable Wi-Fi setup mode: When you turn on your printer for the first time, it is temporarily placed in Wi-Fi setup mode so that it can be discovered during setup. Use the printer control panel to restore Wi-Fi setup mode, and then set up the printer again. Go to Restore Wi-Fi setup mode on your HP printer for more information.

3) Refer to this link to use the HP smart app on your phone/tablet/PC to add a printer.

Note: Enable Bluetooth for an HP Smart app setup: Enable Bluetooth on your computer or mobile device so that HP Smart can detect the printer during the setup.

Please mark this post as “Accepted Solution” if the issue is resolved and if you feel this reply was helpful click “Yes”.

I hope this helps.

Take care and have a good day

Irwin6

HP Support

Irwin6
I am an HP Employee

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the Thumbs up" button!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.