Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP 1320N
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

After the 1e print job, the printer ends up in a fatal error. Going into this fatal error I get the following blinking combination (created by me, based on the pics in the service manual). When I turn off the printer and wait, I can print a next single job.

Which part is at fault in this printer? (This error combination can not be found in the service manual)

fatal-error-detail-1320

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Print yourself an internal configuration and demo page to see how the printer prints. It could be something with your computer/driver.

My profile on LinkedIn

HP Recommended

!st of all, when it prints, it prints fine 😉 Good quality as defined by HP.

When I power on the printer, this issue is most of the time not there. When I leave the printer on and attached to the network, the fatal error occurs within minutes. If turned on and print almost directly, the first job can finish (depending on the total pages in the job) and then it ends in that fatal error.

When I disconnect the network cable, the fatal error does not occur over time. It seems ( but I just installed it) that USB printing is without the fatal error. But I can't conclude that based on the leds blinking when looking for the details of the fatal error

HP Recommended

I uploaded a video via wetransfer for this issue, so you can see what is happening. Link will only valid for 7 days

https://we.tl/t-C491qTqkg1

Replacing the controller board did not improve this and I though it was resolved, because for several days there was no issue. But... the issue did come back unfortunately...

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.