Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended

This HP 6600 printer is new with very littel printing done. It has been very problematic from day one.

We are geting the 'paper out message' and after an extensive evaluation I noticed the pick up rollers are simply not turning. There is no grinding or thumping, just the sound of something turning inside but the gears on the pick up roller rocker arm do not turn. The arm goes down to but no gears or rollers turn.

I powered the unit down, unplugged everything including the brick from the wall for 2 minutes.

Tried to run a test report with the same result. 

No peper pick up rollers turning to load the paper.

HELP!

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended
HP Recommended

I tried the solutions in the video.

None worked.

The Rollers and gears for the pick up feed rollers are simple not rolling. software glich? it is now mechanical.

HP Recommended

Better late then never for someone out there! HP 6600, suddenly won't pick up paper, there are a series of black gears leading to the pick up rollers, the one attached to a metal shaft has come off it's nurled area, feels like cuts in the metal, the gears are no longer lined up, push the gear back to to rough area of the shaft, tip the machine up and hit the shaft with a drop of super glue, wait 30 minutes for it to set.

"This fix is for the mechanically inclined" 

HP Recommended

Can you please post pictures? I'm stuck, and the nearest repair center is 11 miles away, and am without a car.

Thanks!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.