cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Fix HP Printer issue in macOS

A [software component] will damage your computer message displays when printing or while installing - Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Fix HP Printer issue in macOS

A [software component] will damage your computer message displays when printing or while installing - Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
Note for common printer problems
Customers receiving the"will damage your computer" message along with others like "unable to access cups/tmp" or "'@%' cannot be opened" need to update their version of the macOS. Please check this article for more information: HP Printers - A [software component] will damage your computer message displays when printing or while installing (macOS) .
Highlighted
Level 1
2 1 1 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Solved!

HP 8100 Officejet eprinter - Double Sided Printing - Margins

HP Recommended
HP Officejet ePrinter 8100
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have purchased a new HP laptop today and I am trying to set up my connection to my HP 8100 Officejet ePrinter.  The connection is great and the single sided printing is working correctly.  But if you set the same document to print double sided, I lose all the headers and footers, (these headers and footers will show on the single sided print). It is like the printer is set up with an unprintable area margin for the double sided option only.  Does anyone know how to remove this margin, so the pages print all the document correctly?. 

I know this is possible as I have it set up on another laptop with the same make of printer, but I am unable to find where to change the margin settings.  Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks  

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Author
Level 1
2 1 1 0
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I have installed the printer drivers over the top of the computer's "auto installed" drivers.   The printer is printing double-sided with the header and footers showing now. so problem has been solved. 

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation