Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended

Hi Flower_Bud,

I would like to log in to EWS as well and I do have my password but I forgot to see what the username was. I tried using admin and my password to login but it doesn't work. I'm IT savvy fwiw.

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

@please_work

Greetings!

Welcome to the HP Community. This is a great place to get support, find answers and tips to your technical queries.

I have read your post regarding the EWS password and I'd be glad to assist.

Let’s try these steps –

Network Restore - Press the Wireless button and the Cancel button from the printer control panel at the same time, and then hold them for three seconds.

If the router has a WPS push button, please try these steps to connect the printer to your network –

1) Press and hold the Wireless button on the printer for more than three seconds to start WPS push mode. The Wireless light starts blinking.

2) Press the WPS button on your router.

NOTE: THE MOMENT YOU PRESS THE WIRELESS BUTTON ON YOUR PRINTER, WITHIN 30 SECONDS YOU SHOULD PRESS THE WPS BUTTON ON THE ROUTER.

If this step is not successful, then we need to first connect the printer to a computer using a USB and then convert the wired connection to wireless as the printer does not have a control panel to enter the Wi-Fi password.

Please refer to this document for steps.

Once the printer is connected, try accessing the EWS page again. 

Let me know how that pans out.

If you wish to help the community grow, you may simply select “Accept as Solution” and hit the purple "Thumbs Up" to say thanks for my efforts.

Have a good day ahead.

Asmita
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

that reply has absolutley nothing to do with reseting the password or admin password on the dedicated site.

HP Recommended

Hi Asmita,

I did the restore the factory default and am connected to the printer but I can't login to EWS after the reset.

HP Recommended

Hi @please_work,

It looks like you were interacting with @asmita6658, but she is out for the day & I'll be glad to help you out. 

I'm afraid, performing a network reset was the only way to remove the  EWS username and password from a Deskjet 2600 series printer. Since the reset failed to remove the EWS password, the only options left is to get the printer serviced/replaced. You may use the following steps to contact your regional HP Support:

1) Click on this link.

2) Select your product type below.

3) Enter the serial of your device. 

4) Select the country from the drop-down. 

5) Select the chat or get phone number options based on your preferences. 

6) Fill the web-form and proceed further.

Have a great day!

Senan6806

I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.