I have a problem: after updating the printer driver on my PC the device does not print with colours - only black-white printing when I trying to print from my PC. But when I print from printer's control screen or phone, everything works correctly. I tryed to reboot printer and PC, tryed to reinstall the printer driver on my PC, tryed to update device's firmware - the problem persists. Only on the OLD driver version (this driver from the package disk) everything works correctly.
So I tryed also to install new driver version from the site to my second computer (laptop). The problem is the same - printer does not print colour images and documents (only black-white printing). We have two computers with the same problem.
And also it is not only my problem. There are several people with the same problem:
Additionally, if the printer is connected wireless, follow the steps below-
1. Select “Start” and type “printers” in the search box.
2. Choose “Printers & scanners“.
3. elect “Add a printer or scanner“.
4. Wait for the “The printer that I want isn’t listed” option to appear, then select it.
5. Select “Add a printer using a TCP/IP address or hostname” , then select “Next“.
6. select “TCP/IP Device” in the “Device type” list.
7. Type the hostname or the IP address of the printer. Select “Next“. To find the IP address of the printer, touch the Wi-Fi icon on the printer's control panel.
8. Windows should find the printer if the printer is on and configured correctly. You may have to specify more information. If prompted, Select the type of network adapter installed in the printer in the “Device Type” drop-down list. You can also click “Custom” to specify custom settings for the network printer. Select “Next“.
Hope this helps! Keep me posted.
Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!
Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".