Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP ENVY Photo 7830

Our HP ENVY Photo 7830 has stopped responding to print actions. 

When documents are sent to print wirelessly the printer’s touch screen goes blue (which disappointingly seems like a common problem with HP printers) and the error code B8494646 is displayed.

I have tried the usual recommendations - restarting our wireless router, restarting the printer (pulling power cord out whilst printer is on, waiting 60s, plugging back in), removing the cartridges and restarting etc. Nothing has worked, we are unable to print anything.

Very disappointed as the printer isn’t even a year old and it’s a necessity for our work.

Are there any solutions that actually remedy the issue? It is still in warranty, so is a replacement possible?

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@SamJHill95, Welcome to the HP Support Community!

I understand you get a blue screen error while trying to print wirelessly on the printer. I appreciate your efforts in trying to resolve this issue by performing the necessary troubleshooting steps.

Additionally, update the printer firmware

Click here to download and install the latest printer firmware from your PC.

Click here to know different methods of updating printer firmware.

Use the control panel to turn off the IPv6 setting.

1. From the home screen on the printer control panel, swipe the display to the left, and then touch Setup.

2. Touch Network Setup, and then touch Advanced Settings.

3. Turn off IPv6, and then touch Yes to confirm.

4. Monitor the printer.

If the issue persists, please reach out to the HP Technical Support team in your region regarding the service/replacement options for your printer. 

You may create a case on the website to obtain a case number if required. Kindly watch this video to know how.

Keep me posted for any other assistance.

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Further to this issue:

we were sent a replacement printer a couple of weeks ago. Initially it worked fine, but now it is showing the blue screen issue again.

I have tried all of the suggested remedies once again but the issue persists.

Is this a common issue for this model of printer? If so, I would appreciate a refund so I can buy a printer that works.

This is now severely impacting the work situation of two of us working from home.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.